Prospect Info: Aleksander Barkov (signed 7/15/13)

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
I could care less about those idiots on Tampa's board.

Cool. Pot meet kettle. Unless you are doing the old shampoo advert trick and extrapolating the "fun" from this thread and projecting it to another board.

I wasn't saying Drouin is terrible. I was saying this his type of player is common. And it is. If you think it isn't you don't want the game of hockey.

So highly thought of recent 3rd overall picks are common? The player described as having the best hands and offensive upside in the draft is common? Shall we jump into the time machine back to 2007 and declare that Patrick Kane is simply a common type of player.

High end offensive players are a very rare commodity. Since Bure, how many players/prospects like Drouin have we had?

Yes he's very skilled and probably on the upper-echelon of those types of players, but he is still a small, scoring winger.

Which doesn't certify Drouin as common or soft.

My point was that we have that already. We have our franchise piece in a scoring winger with Huberdeau. Why would we draft the same player twice?

Drouin and Huberdeau don't play the same game exactly. Drouin has better hands and is a little more dynamic in my opinion. Plus, the inference here is that having two high scoring wingers who play a "similar game" is supposedly a bad thing.

I am a big proponent of Barkov, but you don't need to unfairly discredit one player to praise another. Barkov and Drouin are both exceptional prospects who will likely be very good NHL players.

Always one or the other syndrome.

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
I know this is going to happen but I really hope that people don't put too much stock into what Barkov does this first year. I feel he is going to struggle some. He played a long season and then get injured, hasn't really had a full offseason, and now has to come to a new country and play in the NHL. It is going to be very difficult for him to adjust, especially with no offseason. Next season is when we will be able to more accurately judge Barkov.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Cool. Pot meet kettle. Unless you are doing the old shampoo advert trick and extrapolating the "fun" from this thread and projecting it to another board.

So highly thought of recent 3rd overall picks are common? The player described as having the best hands and offensive upside in the draft is common? Shall we jump into the time machine back to 2007 and declare that Patrick Kane is simply a common type of player.

High end offensive players are a very rare commodity. Since Bure, how many players/prospects like Drouin have we had?

Which doesn't certify Drouin as common or soft.

Drouin and Huberdeau don't play the same game exactly. Drouin has better hands and is a little more dynamic in my opinion. Plus, the inference here is that having two high scoring wingers who play a "similar game" is supposedly a bad thing.

I am a big proponent of Barkov, but you don't need to unfairly discredit one player to praise another. Barkov and Drouin are both exceptional prospects who will likely be very good NHL players.

Always one or the other syndrome.

Thank you for taking the time to analyze my nonsense posts.

I can now truly sleep well at night knowing you've taken the time to respond to me and provide me with your world-class opinion.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I'm trying to say I know where you're coming from.;)

Sorry it's just hard understanding stuff through text sometimes :laugh:

But thank you. I was obviously being a little over the top on purpose. I read nothing but posts about Barkov busting and being garbage so I wanted to say the exact about Drouin instead.

I know the kid is really talent. 3rd overalls aren't busts anymore typically. It just seems any sort of satire or foolishness cannot be tolerated around here I guess?

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Thank you for taking the time to analyze my nonsense posts.

I can now truly sleep well at night knowing you've taken the time to respond to me and provide me with your world-class opinion.

Glad to be of service.

I'm on call. Just text "Doh" to 0780............

edit ; Again, you fight the very stupid logic with the same very stupid logic, then call Tampa fans idiots for doing exactly what you're doing against the original lalala land post.

Yet you get mad when it's pointed out?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I know this is going to happen but I really hope that people don't put too much stock into what Barkov does this first year. I feel he is going to struggle some. He played a long season and then get injured, hasn't really had a full offseason, and now has to come to a new country and play in the NHL. It is going to be very difficult for him to adjust, especially with no offseason. Next season is when we will be able to more accurately judge Barkov.

I think he might struggle a bit the first several games, although not necessarily, but as the season wears on, I think he'll start coming into his own.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Hey guys any thoughts on whether Barkov will be playing with Huberdeau this year? I've read that he is slotted to play between Boyes and Versteeg at the moment.

I am thinking of taking a flyer on him as a keeper pick in my fantasy league.

Sorry if this has already been covered in the thread, I browsed around a bit but I couldn't find anything concrete.

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa
Hey guys any thoughts on whether Barkov will be playing with Huberdeau this year? I've read that he is slotted to play between Boyes and Versteeg at the moment.

Sorry if this has already been covered in the thread, I browsed around a bit but I couldn't find anything concrete.

George Richards, our beat writer, just put the lines from today's practice on twitter and huby and Barkov were on the same line. So who knows...

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

Versteeg-Barkov-Boyes played together towards the end of pre-season. Yesterday and today at practice, top 6 was:

Versteeg - Goc - Flash
Huby - Barkov - Boyes

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Versteeg-Barkov-Boyes played together towards the end of pre-season. Yesterday and today at practice, top 6 was:

Versteeg - Goc - Flash
Huby - Barkov - Boyes

Me likey. I think Barkov should be with Huby he needs someone else who can slow down the game like he does and Huby will be perfect for that.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
HE SURE IS A (PICTURE OF BOOBS IN FINNISH)!~!~!

BUST INBLOODYDEED!~!~!~! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I already feel like we stole something from Colorado.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
HE SURE IS A (PICTURE OF BOOBS IN FINNISH)!~!~!

BUST INBLOODYDEED!~!~!~! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I already feel like we stole something from Colorado.

Both the Avs and us got amazing young centers. I feel and always felt like it was a win-win. I was never sour about having the #2 pick.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
And Seth Jones was +2 tonight in his debut, logging 18:35 mins in a 4-2 Nashville loss, these kids all seem like they're going to be special....but more importantly, Congrats to Barkov!

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
A rintakuva for you:

400px-Franzen_Statue_Oulu_20110617.JPG

Looks like some of you could work your native Finnish as well.

There's a bit of likeness, actually... let's hope it's not an omen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad