Red Sox/MLB ALDS - Red Sox Lead 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Single funniest comment I’ve heard on sports radio: Scott Zolak saying he doesn’t like Brock Holt because he’s ‘a hardo’.

Talk about not knowing who you are.

I’ll give Zolak this he’s phenomenal on color and is one of best football analysts I’ve heard but he is captain of the all hardo team.

And Beedle a knock off Felger & Mazz ass hat agreeing

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
He is the home plate umpire and is suing MLB.

Will be lots of fun.
At this point screw the lawsuit. Based on his atrocious performance this series not only should he not be behind the plate but his season should be done.

I’m expecting ejections on both sides tonight for simply looking at him.

Lazy Diaz and Joe West are terrible but Angel has them both beat by a mile.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
At this point screw the lawsuit. Based on his atrocious performance this series not only should he not be behind the plate but his season should be done.

I’m expecting ejections on both sides tonight for simply looking at him.

Lazy Diaz and Joe West are terrible but Angel has them both beat by a mile.
And you can't review balls and strikes. Like I said, loads of fun.

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't want to be paranoid, but just thinking out loud here

3 of the 4 series ended quickly, 2 of them in sweeps (hence less ad revenue and gate revenue)
NY/Boston is a ratings cash cow
A potential game 5 with Sale on the mound would get ratings and cut into the Thursday Night Football share (particularly in NY since the Giants are playing)
Angel Hernandez is the ump

I feel like Alex Cora is going to be ejected by the 5th inning tonight, Sabathia will rack up a ton of strikeouts on a questionable zone, and that the Yankees force a game 5.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I don't want to be paranoid, but just thinking out loud here

3 of the 4 series ended quickly, 2 of them in sweeps (hence less ad revenue and gate revenue)
NY/Boston is a ratings cash cow
A potential game 5 with Sale on the mound would get ratings and cut into the Thursday Night Football share (particularly in NY since the Giants are playing)
Angel Hernandez is the ump

I feel like Alex Cora is going to be ejected by the 5th inning tonight, Sabathia will rack up a ton of strikeouts on a questionable zone, and that the Yankees force a game 5.

I’m already getting flashbacks to the 1997 NLCS when Liván Hernández was getting calls on balls that were closer to the on deck circle than the plate.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Single funniest comment I’ve heard on sports radio: Scott Zolak saying he doesn’t like Brock Holt because he’s ‘a hardo’.

Talk about not knowing who you are.

I’ll give Zolak this he’s phenomenal on color and is one of best football analysts I’ve heard but he is captain of the all hardo team.

And Beedle a knock off Felger & Mazz ass hat agreeing

Ugh. I was listening to them this morning and everything they were saying sounded so ignorant.

Reactions: DKH

The Garden

Oct 6, 2018
Kinsler and Nunez actually have better numbers against CC Sabathia than Devers and Holt: MLB Batter vs Pitcher Matchups | Swish Analytics

There's not much of a sample size for Devers and Holt, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Also, that vid only has Livan's strikeouts. Unfortunately the full game isn't on Youtube, but there's this

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Why is anything Red Sox - Yankees NEVER easy? Even when you think it’s going to be easy like last night, something is always looming around the corner.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Kinsler and Nunez actually have better numbers against CC Sabathia than Devers and Holt: MLB Batter vs Pitcher Matchups | Swish Analytics

There's not much of a sample size for Devers and Holt, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Also, that vid only has Livan's strikeouts. Unfortunately the full game isn't on Youtube, but there's this

It's not, just nice to see the offense explode.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Kinsler and Nunez back in the lineup tonight...because why keep the same lineup that just mashed last night.

And not that I think it should matter because I think pitchers should be able to throw to any catcher but Vazquez is in despite not catching Porcello at all this year. If Yankee pitchers can pitch to Sanchez, Porcello should be able to pitch to Vazquez.

But Kinsler and Nunez??? I understand they are right handed hitters but I don't have any confidence either one will do anything tonight. Cora better hope these moves work out/the Sox win the series.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Fully expecting an 0-8 from the two of them combined although Cora will probably come to his senses before they both get 4 ABs and pinch hit for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad