ALCS: Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays - Part 2

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Was any member of the Royals complaining about the strike zone?

I wonder if the umpire apologized to Bautista for that strike-out call about 4 inches below the knees?
How about to Tulo for somehow "hearing" him make some sort of comment about the umpire from 100 feet away in a closed stadium filled with 50,000 screaming people!

Not to mention that the dugout was complaining about the ball 4 called to Edwin when the ball went over the batter's box line!

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Big deal. He walked EE anyway. Colabello strikes out to make it 2 outs instead of 1 and then Tulo mash. Yeah, you could argue butterfly effect but the fact is he was throwing balls and hit JD. Just didn't have it that inning. Trying to nibble. If he throws it more over the plate those pitches might get mashed.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i had a back and forth with brandon mccarthy on twitter about it. he disagreed with those of us screaming to bring in herrera but saw the point and i saw his point about volquez ultimately doing his job. that pitch to bautista was close enough to be a called third strike and then volquez has encarnacion with the chance for a double play.

i think herrera should have been called upon when volquez walked(!) revere and hit donaldson and had two on with no outs. herrera throws more strikes and i think he could have put bautista away.

of course, mccarthy came back that herrera grooved one to tulowitzki which i can see but i think herrera was the best choice in that spot.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Good game Jays...just as Dickey picked a bad time for his worst game, Estrada picked a great game to shine. If I weren't so frustrated as a Royals fan today I would really appreciate just how he kept this deep line-up completely off-balance. He's not doing his future bank account any harm, that's for sure.

Back to KC it is! Local radio was a little pompous this morning and I didn't have a good feeling about today...I think in a way, the ease of yesterday's game totally backfired. As my favorite media personality likes to say "the other side has professional coaches and (a slew of all-star players) too". Nothing fluky about either team here...some days just go your way and some don't.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If Toronto had really pounded the Royals yesterday, I would have expected a similar effort from them that we saw from the Jays today. Backs against the wall. Winning two in a row at Kauffman is a mighty tall order, here's hoping Stroman can at least give the Jays' bats a chance to make an impact and keep the series going.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
If Toronto had really pounded the Royals yesterday, I would have expected a similar effort from them that we saw from the Jays today. Backs against the wall. Winning two in a row at Kauffman is a mighty tall order, here's hoping Stroman can at least give the Jays' bats a chance to make an impact and keep the series going.

Ummm... isn't price getting the start on Thursday or did I miss something?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I thought it was Stroman in Game 6, Price in Game 7 (if necessary).

Could be the other way around.

Well Stro would be pitching on 3 days rest if he goes Friday so not ideal. Price would be 4 days for game 6 and then Stro would be on 4 days rest for game 7

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I thought I didn't like what Gibbons was doing with Price. Damn.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I like how Passan says "... the focus should've been on Troy Tulowitzki's bases-clearing double and Marco Estrada neutering a Royals lineup that whacked 30 hits the previous two games and just about anything other than somebody getting up in the bullpen during the sixth inning" in the midst of writing 1000 words about the thing he doesn't want the focus to be on.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I really want that to be an article about nothing. It probably is, but all the same, that's what I want to be. Would be a shame for Price to walk because of Toronto's mismanagement (assuming they offer a competitive offer and he wanted to stay).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad