ALCS: Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays - Part 2

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
he would have been safe if they didn't allow the fielder to hold his glove on the runner while he tried to adjust his body from running full tilt to stopping on a dime.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
he would have been safe if they didn't allow the fielder to hold his glove on the runner while he tried to adjust his body from running full tilt to stopping on a dime.

Looked like Moose even got hurt in the process, as a result of the hard slide. Props to him for knowing to keep that tag glued on, anyways, since that rule is still in effect.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Osuna shuts it down.

I'd be nervous as a KC fan.

Is David Price really going to not win another post-season start?

And then it's possibly a Game 7 featuring Cueto...gulp.

And it starts:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tom Verducci sounds like they took him straight out of a video game

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
up 3-2 going home with the real ace of the staff going in game 6 and davis on full rest? i can't see them being worried.

even if cueto cueto's in game 7 i think the royals pen is deeper and better equipped to deal with it.

edited to add that i know that herrera got hit today but that backend of the bullpen is no joke. davis hasn't pitched in two games and would likely be available for at least six outs if needed.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
up 3-2 going home with the real ace of the staff going in game 6 and davis on full rest? i can't see them being worried.

even if cueto cueto's in game 7 i think the royals pen is deeper and better equipped to deal with it.

edited to add that i know that herrera got hit today but that backend of the bullpen is no joke. davis hasn't pitched in two games and would likely be available for at least six outs if needed.

Price vs. Ventura & Stroman vs. Cueto. Good baseball for the next two games (if needed) at least!

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haha....this post game show on Fox is pretty funny.

Pete trolling on the Jays a little.

weems

Jul 3, 2008

Sure but the Jays have the obvious pitching advantage in both games I'd say.

Ventura didnt look that good against the Jays and got lucky his scoreline wasnt much worse.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Not sure in which world Stroman is advantage over Cueto but okay.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The clown who laughed at the "clowns" who thought Price would pitch :laugh:

Gibby said in his post-game that Price was close to coming into the game.

Gibbons is the worst. With Estrada dealing and with a very manageable pitch count Price never should have even been considered. Price should only have been considered as a move of desperation if Estrada looked shaky in the first 5.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
How close was it to happening?
He gave it serious thought after ACEstrada walked Cain on 4 pitches and Hosmer was coming up.

Gibbons is the worst. With Estrada dealing and with a very manageable pitch count Price never should have even been considered. Price should only have been considered as a move of desperation if Estrada looked shaky in the first 5.
Gibby gonna Gib. With how depleted and shallow the bullpen is, I get Price being in there, but he definitely shouldn't have even got up today IMO.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
The clown who laughed at the "clowns" who thought Price would pitch :laugh:

Gibby said in his post-game that Price was close to coming into the game.

Gibbons is an idiot, there was no way Estrada would give momentum to the Royals. He was on fire all night long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad