Prospect Info: Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If he isn't a liability defensively and a plus possession guy as it seems he is, why not:

Whitney-Josefson-Clarkson for third line or move Carter up and put Whitney on the 4th.

I guess he'd be a given a shot, but I think it's a pretty longshot. I'm all for putting Whitney or even Anderson there over Tedenby. I personally just think he's done. His oozing with offensive skill and his skating is really good, but he just isn't good using his linemates and makes a lot of stupid plays. He's not good enough defensively to make up for not scoring....

I haven't paid too much attention to him defensively, but I also didn't see any noticeable problems with him defensively either. For wingers, if you don't notice them defensively, it's usually good...

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
IDK Why Lou is so low on Whitney, he doesn't have anything more than a AHL contract as far as I know.

I've loved his game for 3 yrs now...there must be something I'm missing seeing as noone has offered him a NHL deal.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
IDK Why Lou is so low on Whitney, he doesn't have anything more than a AHL contract as far as I know.

I've loved his game for 3 yrs now...there must be something I'm missing seeing as noone has offered him a NHL deal.

He has a younger brother who has 13 points in 11 games for BC this year, and he's one inch taller. :laugh:

I having a feeling Lou signs him, for the same reason he signed Joe, a why not type signing.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I guess he'd be a given a shot, but I think it's a pretty longshot. I'm all for putting Whitney or even Anderson there over Tedenby. I personally just think he's done. His oozing with offensive skill and his skating is really good, but he just isn't good using his linemates and makes a lot of stupid plays. He's not good enough defensively to make up for not scoring....

I haven't paid too much attention to him defensively, but I also didn't see any noticeable problems with him defensively either. For wingers, if you don't notice them defensively, it's usually good...

Matt Anderson just had his first remarkable professional season as a 29 year old. There's a reason the guys lighting up the AHL aren't being called up and signed to NHL contracts.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Matt Anderson just had his first remarkable professional season as a 29 year old. There's a reason the guys lighting up the AHL aren't being called up and signed to NHL contracts.

True, but Whitney was a 4 year stand out at BC and had a very good first pro year and is only 24. Seems to me we can at least give him a shot on the bottom six.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
True, but Whitney was a 4 year stand out at BC and had a very good first pro year and is only 24. Seems to me we can at least give him a shot on the bottom six.

Oh definitely, I like Whitney. Trouble is, when your 5'6", you can't be an average player. You have to be REAL good and smart to overcome the ease with which you can be pushed around. Whitney just might not be good enough to overcome his diminutive size, especially if he's not in a top-6 role.

trentondevil

Jan 15, 2007
7-6? Was anybody playing defence? How many of those goals did Wedge let in?

No defense at all. Wedgewood let in 3 but not really his fault. On one he got knocked down by his own man in scramble for the puck and another one of his defensemen made a nice pass to an Elmira player on the open side of the net. He was great in the shootout stopping all shots.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anything under a 900 save percentage for a goalie is bad goaltending, and not giving their team a chance to win!:sarcasm: Actuslly make that lower than a 912!:sarcasm:

I really have been impressed with Frazee, and there's a good possibility Wedgewood will not be in the NHL by 2014, and even if he was probably would be backing up a stop gap while being transitioned in. I'm actually comfortable with the goaltending depth right now.

I really hate ragging on this guy, but Matt Corrente. He's fine for now, but when Merrill comes, and eventually other guys who haven't turned pro, I think it's time to not qualify him. He was even a healthy scratch in Friday's game. Forget that he's a first round pick. Even if he has a chance to play in the NHL it won't be in Jersey cause there's too much depth. And he's pretty down on the chart.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
The little guy finally has a place to play again..

Albany Devils ‏@AlbanyDevils
GIO!!! RT @albanydevilspr: The @AlbanyDevils have signed C-Stephen Gionta to an AHL contract // More: http://******/fMvr2

GM17*

No defense at all. Wedgewood let in 3 but not really his fault. On one he got knocked down by his own man in scramble for the puck and another one of his defensemen made a nice pass to an Elmira player on the open side of the net. He was great in the shootout stopping all shots.

Was it Ryan Murray?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Knew I was a little late with the news! Not sure if it will help Albany cause there are already even better players up there, and nothing much is happening. Good for him though cause he went from years of an AHL salary, to getting his first NHL contract, to getting no money at all because of the lockout. Of all NHL players during this lockout, he was probably the most everyday guy out there, and maybe others who are in his position too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wedgewood currently has a 902 save percentage in the E! This would suggest he is a below average goaltender!:sarcasm:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Elmira Jackals ‏@JackalsHockey

Tonight's projected goalie matchup is

Clermont (2-4-2, 3.34, .888)

vs.

Wedgewood (7-7-1, 2.88, .901)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad