Confirmed with Link: Al Trautwig contract not renewed with MSG Network

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
better than From the side Crispino. the only that called Brashear and Shanny fight. I wonder what ever happened to him

i don't think he works for MSG anymore. he wasn't bad, he was just always behind the play at least whenever I heard him call hockey games.

Crispy

That's what they called him.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I remember watching Al on the air that night thinking he had parkinson's and I couldn't believe they let him go on the air.

Glad to hear that it wasn't that. Guess he was just a boozebag.

His teeth were also a nightmare, a friend of mine once said "he's got teeth like the crypt keeper". That still makes me laugh.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I remember watching Al on the air that night thinking he had parkinson's and I couldn't believe they let him go on the air.

Glad to hear that it wasn't that. Guess he was just a boozebag.

His teeth were also a nightmare, a friend of mine once said "he's got teeth like the crypt keeper". That still makes me laugh.

I'll never forget watching that live and immediately thinking "cut to another camera and either the desk crew or broadcast crew - Al needs help"

As someone who really never had much time for Al, but I didn't hate him- just indifferent I guess, even then it was tough to watch for me.

Hope he gets or is getting the help he needs.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Oh man, what are they going to do to Sam in a few years. Give him a plaque then slide him out of the 8th ave? yikes.

A fist to the face and forced to surrender his suit before paying for parking on his way out.

Sad to see Trautwig go, he's just someone you're used to having around.

Sam Rosen is the guy for me. The day he goes the entire identity of the New York Rangers goes with him.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kinda crazy how little MSG recognizes these pretty well-known faces that have been with/around the organization for literal decades. They kicked Amirante to the curb without so much as a goodbye.

Not true really.

Amirante was always around the club even close to his death. They still had him singing the national anthems at Alumni charity games and such. He was still very much part of the franchise.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Not true really.

Amirante was always around the club even close to his death. They still had him singing the national anthems at Alumni charity games and such. He was still very much part of the franchise.

After they replaced him and fans made a huge deal, so they allowed him to come back as like a "special guest" singer. Never gave him any sort of send-off or made note of any sort of transition or anything. Meanwhile the Blues make it a story that they have a 101-year-old fan. Idk, I just remember the end of his time as the main anthem singer ending very quietly.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
It's definitely drugs or alcohol or both as I mentioned yesterday. What I'm wondering is why his teeth look all rotted away? I remember vividly watching him during this game live and saying to my brother what happened to Al's teeth...they look totally messed up. Anyone know how or why teeth would look rotted away like that? Never saw anything like it.
Al’s teeth were f***ed for as long as I’ve been watching.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Not like that. Not that I ever was fixated on Al's teeth ever but I don't recall me ever saying "dang...Al's teeth are f'd up".

What I do remember distinctly is that last night he was on the air, I did in fact, as I said previously, say to my brother "WTF is wrong with Al's teeth...they look all rotted". I just hope and pray he gets the help he needs, whatever the problem is and he can live a normal serene life.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Not like that. Not that I ever was fixated on Al's teeth ever but I don't recall me ever saying "dang...Al's teeth are f'd up".

What I do remember distinctly is that last night he was on the air, I did in fact, as I said previously, say to my brother "WTF is wrong with Al's teeth...they look all rotted". I just hope and pray he gets the help he needs, whatever the problem is and he can live a normal serene life.

Al said he was fine two weeks after the incident.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It definitely looks like he took a bite of a shit sandwich in that last interview. But the way his hands are shaking, voice cracking, way he is standing, etc it looks to me like he had a problem with alcohol. Anyone who has an alcoholic friend or in their family knows a lot of the times they can function, but other times they just go to pieces when they drink too much or not enough. Certain types of alcohol will rot your teeth as well. Sad. Get we’ll Al. Well miss ya.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
A fist to the face and forced to surrender his suit before paying for parking on his way out.

Sad to see Trautwig go, he's just someone you're used to having around.

Sam Rosen is the guy for me. The day he goes the entire identity of the New York Rangers goes with him.
I agree. I miss JD too. He and Sam were the dream team. Not looking forward to when Sam leaves- but it’s coming soon guys so appreciate what we have!

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
Just hopping in to tip my cap to an MSG legend. There was always a certain “buzz” to an NYI-NYR game at MSG in the 80s through early/mid 90s- and Al, Sam, JD, Marv, Sal, etc. all contributed to that special vibe. Also appreciated Al’s work w/NYY (even though an Orioles fan). Whatever’s going on- hope all turns out well for him in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad