Ak Bars Kazan 2013/14 season talk

Hilly1

Ak Bars Fanatic
Aug 23, 2013
But you don't have Kessel, you have Stapleton :laugh: If you could get Kessel to replace him I'd say sure, fire that useless hobbit all the way to Helsinki where he has played before and they will be more than happy to take him of your hands. The thing is - you can't.

And explain me how is that Stapleton and his poor "advanced stats" managed to be a leading scorer with KHL juggernaut Dinamo and he can't even match them while playing with Burmistrov? And where exactly are you getting these "advanced stats" from since you are evidently willing to bet your house on them because I would be extremely interested to see them too.

P.S. Also, how is Gaborik a small sample-size? His career is like 8 seasons already.

Again another example:shakehead:laugh: Gaborik on LA is a small sample size, the only reason the guy produced like he did was because of one of the best centers in the world. http://www.extraskater.com/player/1005/tim-stapleton

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Again another example:shakehead:laugh: Gaborik on LA is a small sample size, the only reason the guy produced like he did was because of one of the best centers in the world. http://www.extraskater.com/player/1005/tim-stapleton

Gaborik in the NHL isn't. What about when he scored 40 goals for the Rangers without someone even remotely similar to one of the best centers in the world?

These are from his time in NHL :laugh: What does it have to do with Ak Bars? Anton Belov has 46% CF what does that have to say about his performance in the KHL? He's still one of the best defenseman here. Do you know Sergei Kostitsyn's, you know, the one you were bragging about, season best CF is 47,4%? On a pretty strong Preds team too. And you know what, he was there because he could score goals, just like Stapleton. Their possession stats, by the way, are extremely similar. Does that mean Kostitsyn isn't a great KHL player anymore? Maybe Ak Bars shouldn't have traded for him because he was sub-par possession player in the NHL? Did I just bust your dream?

And I was actually thinking you had something to say the whole time.

Last edited:

Hilly1

Ak Bars Fanatic
Aug 23, 2013
Gaborik in the NHL isn't. What about when he scored 40 goals for the Rangers without someone even remotely similar to one of the best centers in the world?

These are from his time in NHL :laugh: What does it have to do with Ak Bars? Anton Belov has 46% CF what does that have to say about his performance in the KHL? He's still one of the best defenseman here. Do you know Sergei Kostitsyn's, you know, the one you were bragging about, season best CF is 47,4%? On a pretty strong Preds team too. And you know what, he was there because he could score goals, just like Stapleton. Their stats possession stats, by the way, are extremely similar. Does that mean Kostitsyn isn't a great KHL player anymore? Maybe Ak Bars shouldn't have traded for him because he was sub-par possession player in the NHL? Did I just bust your dream?

And I was actually thinking you had something to say the whole time.

Belov is a possession beast and i'm not saying to trade Kosty but to not blame everything on a good coach

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Belov is a possession beast and i'm not saying to trade Kosty but to not blame everything on a good coach

And what makes him good? Those 2-1 games his team struggles to scrape through every night? That in elimination game his team was outshot 54-36 by Sibir who have three times smaller budget? That he refuses to brake his beloved line combinations no matter how the players struggle? That he traps like it's the 90s and his team doesn't score more than 2 goals unless they absolutely have to like in that game when Ak Bars lost at home to Kuznya? Oh yeah, that his team loses at home to Kuznya? What?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
At this stage Shipachyov is better than Svitov. I mean the guy was the 2nd line center for Russia in the World Championships.

1.It's not Shipachyov vs. Svitov. It's who we got for Barulin. So it's basically Shipachyov vs. Kostitsyn. Pretty even.

2.Also shipachyov clearly lacks very important qualities of Svitov: size, grit, faceoffs, playoff performance.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Guys, aren't you getting carried away? It's about AkBars. I don't think we'll see Gaborik or Perry in AkBars uniform any time soon.

On topic. We desperately need solid stay-at-home D-men. There are tons of talen up front and goaltending shouldn't be an issue. I'm happy Panin is finally out. Never was a great player and that car-thing by his wife was the point I wanted him out.

The D is still very very suspect.

Hilly1

Ak Bars Fanatic
Aug 23, 2013
Guys, aren't you getting carried away? It's about AkBars. I don't think we'll see Gaborik or Perry in AkBars uniform any time soon.

On topic. We desperately need solid stay-at-home D-men. There are tons of talen up front and goaltending shouldn't be an issue. I'm happy Panin is finally out. Never was a great player and that car-thing by his wife was the point I wanted him out.

The D is still very very suspect.

Aren't there rumours of Korneev back to CSKA? If thats true it would suck, I currently like our top 6 but with Korneev gone that would be a gap towards our defensive depth and great teams with good forward depth could really hurt us.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Ak Bars just signed Oscar Möller. He was one of the best forwards in the SHL and had a very good World Championships for Sweden. And he is just 25 years old. Seems like an ideal signing for a KHL team these days.

The signing of Möller means that Tomas Vincour or Janne Pesonen is out. Vincour is younger and more talented than Pesonen, but he had a horrible last season so it is likely that Pesonen will stay and Vincour is out.

So what will be the lines after the signing of Möller? Maybe something like this.

Mikhail Varnakov - Alexander Burmistrov - Tim Stapleton
Oscar Möller - Vadim Shipachyov - Sergei Kostitsyn
Janne Pesonen - Fyodor Malykhin - Igor Mirnov
Alexander Svitov - Alexei Tereschenko - Kirill Petrov
----
Vladimir Tkachyov - Evgeny Bodrov - Artem Lukonyanov/Dimitri Obukhov/Denis Golubev

They really need to trade or loan some of their young forwards (Tkachyov and Golubev) to another team for them to get playing time and develop.

btw, has Shipachyov's trade to Kazan been confirmed yet? In Eliteprospects he is still marked as a SKA player.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
btw, has Shipachyov's trade to Kazan been confirmed yet? In Eliteprospects he is still marked as a SKA player.

Because they traded Barulin for S. Kostitsyn, Shipachyov isn't coming. I think that has been clear for more than a week now. It's not like Ak Bars will try to get him at any price because they have a need there.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Because they traded Barulin for S. Kostitsyn, Shipachyov isn't coming. I think that has been clear for more than a week now. It's not like Ak Bars will try to get him at any price because they have a need there.

Oh I thought it was a done deal already. EP has its status as confirmed? So what now then, Shipachyov stays in St Petersburg?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Oh I thought it was a done deal already. EP has its status as confirmed? So what now then, Shipachyov stays in St Petersburg?

Yeah, pretty hard to see where all this confusion is coming from.

Everything is quite simple, Ak Bars wanted to get rid of Barulin and traded him for the best offer. Kostitsyn is a better fit for Ak Bars and SKA is better off without Barulin and with Shipachyov. Makes sense for everybody. The center piece of the deal was Ak Bars wanting to get rid of Barulin, not get Shipachyov or anyone else in particular. Once they did that, all is quiet.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Möller-Malykhin-Kostitsyn

Mirnov-Burmistrov-Varnakov

Pesonen-Svitov-Petrov

Obukhov-Tkachev/Bodrov-Lukoyanov

Nikulin-Korneev

Heshka-Medvedev

Rylov-Osipov

Zakharchuk-Yarullin

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I would love to learn more about the KHL and Ak-Bars..just a head's up, countless debates around NHL guys who have nothing to do with your team makes it difficult to learn about your league.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I would love to learn more about the KHL and Ak-Bars..just a head's up, countless debates around NHL guys who have nothing to do with your team makes it difficult to learn about your league.

There are few AkBars fans on HF. The thread is easily turned into some place for OT debates due to that.

But whatever it is you are interested in I will gladly give my best to reply on it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Not yet but I think they will.

Just wanted to make sure. Had to look it up too. Azevedo joined the team in Finland for the the pre-season camp. He's definitely signed and on the team now.

I'm curious myself about where he will fit in.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He's definitely signed and on the team now.

I'm curious myself about where he will fit in.

Maybe it's some sort of try-out, no?

I bet he will play LW, Ak Bars obviously like to have their LWs right-handed. However if he's indeed signed you guys will have some tremendous depth next year with at least one very solid KHL scorer on the 4th line.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

I bet he will play LW, Ak Bars obviously like to have their LWs right-handed. However if he's indeed signed you guys will have some tremendous depth next year with at least one very solid KHL scorer on the 4th line.

He's listed on the roster on the official site.

http://www.ak-bars.ru/team/

As far as my experience with the site goes they are rather conservative and slow actually. They wouldn't put a guy on a tryout on the site, just to remove him later.

Last edited:

Hilly1

Ak Bars Fanatic
Aug 23, 2013

Yes I am VERY excited for the upcoming season due to this teams amazing scoring depth. It was 9th best last year and I will not be surprised if they put up top 5 team numbers next year or even top 3! It will be different without Barulin because he was obviously a top tier Goalie in the league but I think Nilsson and Garipov could potentially to a better job than Barulin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad