News Article: AK Bars interested in Valiev

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I think he could have been a #7 or #8 dmen for the next couple of years.

So, given we retain his rights, better for him to get playing time in the KHL than sit in the press box or be exposed to waivers if sent to laval. It's debatable whether being in Laval or the KHL is better for his development, especially with Lefebvre gone.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Not a big loss really, we have tons of those.

The trade is a win just on account of that 2nd round pick.
I would rather have Juulsen and Mete playing 20+ minutes with Laval and Valiev as extra dmen in Montreal, but it looks like one of the two will start the season with the Habs. I am also curious as to where Lernout starts the season as he has to go through waiver next year.

Reactions: Runner77

Toreko

Apr 3, 2018
il nest pas bon et c'est tout.
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pic.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/pic.png

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Rychel is a likely AHL all star/NHL non factor so as we all said at the time, it's Plekanec for a 2nd rounder which likely won't have an impact for 2-3 years.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Considering the alternative was not trading him, I'd say it's still a positive return

I don't disagree, but it was always about trading a declining player for a dart throw. Thinking those prospect were anything other than filler was dreamland.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
LOL....everybody says things like this AFTER he is gone,

at the time of the trade it was "what a great deal we got for plecky....Valiev could easily be a top 3-4 for us in a few years!" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

after he is gone....."meh, who cares" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Valiev and Rychel were throw-ins, Valiev never had that potential (nor did I see someone claiming he would be a 3-4th), and anyway most people were happy we had a 2nd for Plekanec.

Reactions: dralaf

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's no biggie. Yet....you wonder how a guy who has to know how bad we are defensively already took the decision to just leave. It's not like we were so deep that he knew he'd be No14 or something...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's no biggie. Yet....you wonder how a guy who has to know how bad we are defensively already took the decision to just leave. It's not like we were so deep that he knew he'd be No14 or something...
1) Weber
2) Petry
3) Alzner
4) Juulsen
5) Mete
6) Rielly
7) Schlemko
8) Benn
9) Lernout
10)Marc's training camp special waiver draft pick up
11) Fleury needs a look see

And he asked himself what if the rumours are true? The Habs pick up a top line PMD. So yeah pretty much #14. Also, I thought defensively he was very responsible but really had no offensive punch. After he recovered from his injury they sent him down to the A in a season when they really had no defense corps. So yeah Rinat could read the writing on the wall even if he doesn't read English.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad