Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Utica Comets vs. Laval Rocket (Laval Wins 5-4 in OT Off a Nice Goal by Cap X-Man)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
first that was a great play by Kotka to keep the puck in, then he had a nice setup to Peca that just missed going in and then he sets up Hudon again.

Not even 2 games and he's got 3 pts.

I know you didn't follow the big team much, but how have you found him for an 19 year olds first two games ?

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
2 goals!
85046480_823077501501824_3648152200544256000_n.png

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
it's nice to see. its just too bad all the kids aren't together in the ahl building chemistry and confidence..

imagine for a second

Poehling Kotkaniemi Brooks (at defense for Christ sake) Fleury Evans Caufield soon maybe all playing and bounding and dominating.. now thats how you build momentum and translate the kids to the pros.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know you didn't follow the big team much, but how have you found him for an 19 year olds first two games ?

pretty good so far, there are some things i've noticed that he needs to be better at but I wasn't expecting changes to happen overnight. The good news is that with him being on the top line and getting a lot of TOI, and now that he's picked up some points already, the hope is that this will go a long way in building up his confidence.

What troubles me is the comment he made from last game, it's telling me that they need to do more to work with him. Now maybe Julien wasn't thrilled about him making the team last year but if the kid is there you got to work with him knowing how young he is and what he means to the future.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
3 KK assists, 3 Hudon goals.

I'll always think that Hudon had an NHL career. He somewhat got lost somewhere after that 30 pts season in 70ish games at 23 years old.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Also I couldn't tell if that puck hit Fleury or McNiven in the final minute of the period there, if so Fleury may have saved a goal there. Really need to get him going, some of his defensive plays since coming down have had me wondering how he was in the NHL all year.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's funny, Babcock, Gord Miller, Pierre Mcguire, Holland, Cheveldayoff, Bruno Gervais, Bouchard, Marc Denis, and on and on talk about the importance of the AHL and development...

Yet for MB (and some fans here who seem to adopt any position he takes), these things don't matter.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
It's funny, Babcock, Gord Miller, Pierre Mcguire, Holland, Cheveldayoff, Bruno Gervais, Bouchard, Marc Denis, and on and on talk about the importance of the AHL and development...

Yet for MB (and some fans here who seem to adopt any position he takes), these things don't matter.

I guess those two aren't on the Molson payroll yet.

I kind of like the Max & Bruno thing, maybe it's because viewership numbers are low at that time of day - but they really speak their minds.

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Loving the Veilleux line.

This team just needs a little bit more talent.

Say, a Poehling, a Caufield and maybe a Suzuki for a playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad