Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Utica Comets vs. Laval Rocket (Laval Wins 5-4 in OT Off a Nice Goal by Cap X-Man)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just looked at the standings, didn't realize Utica had fallen down so much, just 4 wins in their last 10 while Rochester with 6 in a row so they are heating up.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Liking how they're handling KK and Evans. Putting both with Hudon was a great move. They were getting double shifted at the end there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
nice win in OT for sure, too bad they couldn't get it regulation but that was a tough spot for McNiven to get his first start of the season in the AHL. Guessing he gets sent down after tonights game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hope Vejdemo is good to go this weekend and if Drouin is back then maybe we get Poehling back as well as Laval's next 5 games are brutal and huge (sens, marlies, utica, wolf pack, bruins)

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Hope Vejdemo is good to go this weekend and if Drouin is back then maybe we get Poehling back as well as Laval's next 5 games are brutal and huge (sens, marlies, utica, wolf pack, bruins)

If they get Vejdemo and Poehling back, man they could really go on a run with that first line.

They just need to tighten up defensively. Leskinen, but especially Brook and Fleury are always one play away from a goal against.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Wasn't always pretty but the W is what matters in the end. Lots of big games coming up, almost all of wish are on the road, so the team is gonna have to dig deep to keep the ball rolling. More consistant goaltending would really help.

Reactions: montreal

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
If they get Vejdemo and Poehling back, man they could really go on a run with that first line.

They just need to tighten up defensively. Leskinen, but especially Brook and Fleury are always one play away from a goal against.

Evans - Kotka - Hudon
Vejdemo - Poehling - Caufield

would be filthy

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

goaltending has to step up, they need guys like Peca, Varone, Dauphin to start putting up some points. Varone has been good but he needs to do more imo. The D with Alzner, Olofsson out there is usually fine, Brook has been better for sure overall as he was doing some really dumb shit early in the season but only here and there. Ouellet is a solid AHLer and good for the offense. Fleury has been a disappointment so far but hopefully he gets his shit together as he's been on for something like 6 of the 10 goals scored in these last 3 games.

Reactions: Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
he was on Evans wing in the 1st. Evans is one of the top face-off guys on the team so I was surprised they were going to move him to wing, when he's always played center. Move Varone to the wing.
He is.

Sometimes Evans takes the faceoff, but he's been playing down the middle.

SO which is it? Because its really important, do I start to crap on Bouchard or not ? :laugh:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
people were scared about Kotka's 2 assists this season like it was HIS fault.....

2 assists is beyond horrible, even DLR can get more then that. So they have every right to be concerned when a 3rd OA pick that was rushed to the NHL and his primary asset is his playmaking abilities and he ends up with 2 assists in half a season. Granted I didn't see him play but no matter how you slice it, that's just brutal and no excuse.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
2 assists is beyond horrible, even DLR can get more then that. So they have every right to be concerned when a 3rd OA pick that was rushed to the NHL and his primary asset is his playmaking abilities and he ends up with 2 assists in half a season. Granted I didn't see him play but no matter how you slice it, that's just brutal and no excuse.

Sure you have the right to feel that way, and thats fine

but for the people who do watch the games, the coaching staff really didnt do this player any favors this year, with the emergence of Suzuki, and Cousins cyphoning minutes and opportunities away when Kotka inured his groin early in the season, they coddled the hell out of him and barely played him in 3rd periods for absolutely no reason other than being 19 years old.
Add in the freak concussion derailing more of his season rhythm , and I dare you to check who his wingers were all season and their shooting%'s

As if he didnt rack up 23 assists as an 18 year old in the NHL last year with wingers like Armia and Lehkonen, but no all of a sudden he has forgot how to play hockey and cant pass? I dont buy it

0 surprise he has 4 assists in 2 games so far, when treated like a real hockey player with decent wingers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad