AHL Suspends Play - UPD: Season Cancelled

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
AHL suspends play
March 12, 2020

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … With the health and safety of our players, officials, staff and fans of primary importance, the American Hockey League has announced the suspension of play until further notice, effective immediately, due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic.

The AHL will continue to monitor developments and will provide updates on the 2019-20 season at the appropriate time.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Syracuse Crunch tries to cope with coronavirus scare: ‘It’s been a lot of chaos’

Updated Mar 12, 7:11 PM; Posted Mar 12, 7:11 PM
By Lindsay Kramer | [email protected]

Syracuse, N.Y. -- ... What the rest of the season, if there is any more at all, looks like is a big question mark right now. (Syracuse owner Howard) Dolgon said there’s been no discussion of shortening or extending the regular season or altering the playoff format, which currently includes 16 teams. The building availability of all the teams is a large 'X' factor to any changes.

(Syracuse defenseman Cameron) Gaunce and his teammates, meanwhile, have been asked to stay away from the rink but remain in town. He said he expects he and his teammates will likely get together for social gatherings. He isn’t sure how individual workouts might go, or how the players will maintain a competitive edge during a layoff of unclear length. ...

Read more at: Syracuse Crunch tries to cope with coronavirus scare: ‘It’s been a lot of chaos’

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
While I am disappointed by the stoppage, I appreciate that the health and safety of the players, fans, officials and staff comes first.

I wonder if Milwaukee gets to be the regular season champion if no more regular season games are played?

They have the most points and the highest winning percentage at the moment. What if nobody gets that banner or the playoff banner?

This sports season has been tough on me. The Admirals are #1 in the AHL as Nashville struggles to be a WC in the NHL.

I am not a fan of the Milwaukee Bucks, but they are #1 in the NBA.

The Dayton Flyers are #3 in both NCAA polls and they don't get another crack at Kansas, who they lost to in an OT game. One of those two college basketball teams probably would have won the title this year. I had dreams of a final between them.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
BUT ... you're still well enough (and alive enough) to post here. Congratulations.

I come from tough peasant stock that survived being alive during the Spanish Flu. Dad's side help to build the second transcontinental railroad and got chased by hostile Indians because the "scout" crossed the Missouri River in the wrong place. It is amazing that I am here at all!

I hope to be posting here 30 years from now, assuming that this website continues that long. :D

Reactions: JMCx4

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
And my guess is that guys on PTOs may get paid as well. (Which, given that the ECHL has cancelled their season, is a good thing for the players.)

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

(But the ECHL players are SOL. Their season has been cancelled.)

Players on NHL contracts who were assigned to the ECHL when the season was banged will get almost certainly be paid.

Players on ECHL contracts will be paid through March 16. If you are a reasonable person and want the ECHL to be around next year, you understand why they cancelled the season and aren't paying players beyond Monday.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
So, the AHL suspends play and this board goes silent??? This board doesnt go silent during the summer when no hockey is being played. See, if all the teams had moved to Milwaukee like I said they should then they could still be playing hockey.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So, the AHL suspends play and this board goes silent??? This board doesnt go silent during the summer when no hockey is being played. See, if all the teams had moved to Milwaukee like I said they should then they could still be playing hockey.
Would on-line streaming of games in your All-Ads League (AAL) be free of pop-ups? Answer this VERY carefully. :popcorn:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Yes, but they wouldn't have more than 10 live fans, due to business restrictions.

I am confident that the real Admirals would prevail!

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Yes, but they wouldn't have more than 10 live fans, due to business restrictions.

I am confident that the real Admirals would prevail!

You think the navy would win?!?!? I didn't even know they had a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad