AHL Suspends Play - UPD: Season Cancelled

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Esche has done a great job, same could be said of that gentleman (can't remember his name lol) down in Binghamton. The issue with these local community men is that if being on pause and not revenue generating it can be a huge hit, what happens then? Some of these buildings may not be allowed to open next fall. Here in N.Y. there is talk of not letting students return to their college campuses next fall.

I hope organizations like Vancouver and NJ are going easy with their AHL partners who have been good with them. This whole situation on the ground may change the face of the AHL again, maybe back to a simpler time. Personally I didn't care for the direction the AHL was headed in. To me it was more about the NHL needs then the needs of the fans and the local communities they were located.
you have to remember Utica went through that with the Devils, not just Vancouver (which is the original Springfield/Worcester franchise)

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
you have to remember Utica went through that with the Devils, not just Vancouver (which is the original Springfield/Worcester franchise)

You have me scratching my head lol, going too far back with the Utica Devils. I am just talking the current situation on the ground during the pandemic lol. I get what you meant though about the Devils and their partnerships with the AHL. Truly speaking though the Devils under their previous ownership and GM Lou were pretty good fit with Albany, especially when the Rats franchise was locally owned by Al Lawrence, then his friend Walter Robb, may he rest well. Such good men both, Mr. Robb especially.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine

I wouldn’t trust a thing that Blues article says. It says the Blues just signed an affiliation with the Springfield Falcons. Anyone who can’t bother to get their new affiliate name right, but also put the name of a team that’s been gone for 5 years isn’ta reliable writer. Second, the comments below think the NHL will see a relocation to Saskatoon. That’s a level of “ignorance is bliss” people usually aspire to.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I wouldn’t trust a thing that Blues article says. It says the Blues just signed an affiliation with the Springfield Falcons. Anyone who can’t bother to get their new affiliate name right, but also put the name of a team that’s been gone for 5 years isn’t a reliable writer. Second, the comments below think the NHL will see a relocation to Saskatoon. That’s a level of “ignorance is bliss” people usually aspire to.
I was far more interested when Mr. Panula's BiB blog title promised to address the possible impacts to "minor hockey" as I thought it would delve into what might happen to the recent growth of amateur youth hockey programs in the St. Louis region. But instead, it's just more pandemic hockey pablum. Click bait lives on, even when it's unintentional. :shakehead

Reactions: Barclay Donaldson

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I was far more interested when Mr. Panula's BiB blog title promised to address the possible impacts to "minor hockey" as I thought it would delve into what might happen to the recent growth of amateur youth hockey programs in the St. Louis region. But instead, it's just more pandemic hockey pablum. Click bait lives on, even when it's unintentional. :shakehead

A few minor errors from a minor hockey article?

Reactions: JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad