Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Lehigh Valley Phantoms (3 - 2 [OT]). Laval Rocket

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That was confusing. The refs lifted their arm to signal a penalty. Lehigh Valley touches the puck and no whistle. Then Laval touches the puck and no whistle. We weren't sure who was the team penalized.

Turns out it's Laval who is on the PP.

Reactions: groovejuice

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Bouchard on Mete: He's a really good defenseman. He's good on the transition, has a good stick, he's reliable, dedicated and consistent, but he won't turn the world upside down. He's not a superstar.

This seems like an odd thing to say. Like why say this at all, even if you think it's true in what circumstance is that going to help to get the best from Mete?

Maybe to prove him wrong? Idk, seems careless to me.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This seems like an odd thing to say. Like why say this at all, even if you think it's true in what circumstance is that going to help to get the best from Mete?

Maybe to prove him wrong? Idk, seems careless to me.

I think it was more to temper expectations. It's his way of saying that because Mete spent a lot of time in the NHL so far doesn't mean we should expect him to come to the AHL and dominate.

Reactions: groovejuice

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DtSzO0oUUAE6ONs.jpg

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I listened to most of the 1st period. Mete is finding out that the AHL is a pretty good league. It will be good for him to play there for a bit

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I listened to most of the 1st period. Mete is finding out that the AHL is a pretty good league. It will be good for him to play there for a bit

Yup. People shouldn't underestimate the AHL, players and fans alike. It's not the same kind of league as it once was.

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And now, during the intermission, Patrick Friolet interviews Habs midget scrub, Daniel O'Depth.

O'Depth: thanks to my dad, the Habs drafted me. And now Joel Bouchard is giving me a hard time cause he knows I'm a hopeless midget scrub. Thanks.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And now, during the intermission, Patrick Friolet interviews Habs midget scrub, Daniel O'Depth.

O'Depth: thanks to my dad, the Habs drafted me. And now Joel Bouchard is giving me a hard time cause he knows I'm a hopeless a scrub. Thanks.

:laugh:

To be fair, he's been doing real well lately. 7 points in his last 8 games.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Refs stepping in to stop a fight before it starts. Pezzetta and a Phantoms players dropped the gloves but nothing happened. Both head to the box.

I'm sure they will revisit the duel later in the game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Froese makes it 1-0. And guess what @Runner77, Audette with an assist.

Lernout with the other assist.

Good for O'Depth.

Just saw the play, it was a failed shot by O'Depth from a bad angle, that landed on Froese's stick. A happenstance assist.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Some 4-on-3 hockey for Lehigh Valley. Lots of space.

And it didn't take long at all for the Phantoms to tie it.

The shot was going high but the Phantoms player in font of the net jumped to avoid the puck but it ended up deflecting downward off his helmet.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good job by Shinkaruk there to keep the puck away from the Phantoms players and draws the penalty. Only problem is that Laval has to go on the PP.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Didn't take long for the Phantoms to tie it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
True enough. Looked like it deflected off of a helmet.

Yea. The shot was going high into the protective netting. But as the guy in front of the net jumped to avoid blocking the shot, the puck went off his helmet and in. Nothing Lindgren could've done there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Awful penalty by Shinkaruk. Laval was on a PP when he gets called for hooking in the offensive zone. Camera showed Bouchard shaking his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00