Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Lehigh Valley Phantoms (3 - 2 [OT]). Laval Rocket

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And now Lehigh Valley with a terrible penalty in the offensive zone. The 4-on-4 hockey becomes 4-on-3 in favor of Laval for 32 seconds. Time to make it count.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is that McCarron right in front of the net, blocking the opposing goalie's view and eating cross-checks? We never saw him do this whenever he was called up by the Habs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is that McCarron right in front of the net, blocking the opposing goalie's view and eating cross-checks? We never saw him do this when he was called up to the Habs.

Even if his numbers aren't really there, McCarron has been having a good season. I think Bouchard's been good for him.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DtTAdsjXgAIA3oz.jpg

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Is that McCarron right in front of the net, blocking the opposing goalie's view and eating cross-checks? We never saw him do this whenever he was called up by the Habs.

He did do that here. The problem was he was rarely on the power play and he isn't all that skilled and was put with likewise players, so they didn't really get set up for him to do that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He did do that here. The problem was he was rarely on the power play and he isn't all that skilled and was put with likewise players, so they didn't really get set up for him to do that.

Not that I recall. He wasn't in front of the blue paint as I've seen him do it just now.

Point is, he's doing it now and using his large frame that way is a big part of what was lacking in his play.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Second intermission, some funny bits on Joel Bouchard. His facial expressions are priceless -- he's borderline wacko. :laugh:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Even a lower league average powerplay would have scored at least one somewhere in there. That was truly pathetic. I know the circumstances around it and all but trading Taormina really hurt the team more than was ever expected.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not that I recall. He wasn't in front of the blue paint as I've seen him do it just now.

Point is, he's doing it now and using his large frame that way is a big part of what was lacking in his play.

What he lacked at the NHL level was mostly in skating and not having skills to compensate that lack of skating (speed and agility)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Even a lower league average powerplay would have scored at least one somewhere in there. That was truly pathetic. I know the circumstances around it and all but trading Taormina really hurt the team more than was ever expected.

He's not doing good in Stockton. 3 points in 17 games.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What he lacked at the NHL level was mostly in skating and not having skills to compensate that lack of skating (speed and agility)

He lacked that too. But, he certainly didn't optimize his physical advantage and got into a lot of useless fights.

Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Alzner with the shot, and Pezzetta deflects it to make it 2-1 for Laval, who has dominated this third period.

Alzner now with a goal and an assist in 2 games. It's Pezzetta's 2nd goal.

Vejdemo with the other assist.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Alzner with the shot, and Pezzetta deflects it to make it 2-1 for Laval, who has dominated this third period.

Alzner now with a goal and an assist in 2 games. It's Pezzetta's 2nd goal.

Vejdemo with the other assist.
Alzner for Parayko and a 1st.....trade the man, DANG, he on fire!!!!!!!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm confident he would have done similar to his 2017-18 season had he stayed in the organization. He seemed to be real comfortable here.

He was definitely a good presence. But without watching any of his games, I think that his injury has held him back, which would be the same here in Laval since he'd be coming back from an injury, as well.

And I think two AHL defensemen (Taomina & Valiev) is a decent price to pay for someone the Habs have in the NHL now.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Second intermission, some funny bits on Joel Bouchard. His facial expressions are priceless -- he's borderline wacko. :laugh:

I think he might actually be too intense to be a coach at the nhl level for long stretches. It's nice to see him in the ahl pushing these guys though.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad