Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Lehigh Valley Phantoms (3 - 2 [OT]). Laval Rocket

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I have a hair trigger on this.

Fans were trashing Patrice Brisbois and Gainey told them to stay home. Price has had a real past couple of years and everybody has been pretty protective of him. That's what I like.

All those in an organization need to have each others back. I am not saying general statements about the team needing to play better or if asked by media about a specific player saying he needs to work on a thing or two are out of order.

I remember AK46 having a great start to the year and when asked about it, Jacques Martin spat out " contract year".

I think Julien is not so bad, but we have had coaches like JM and MT , and our current GM who have been just brutal on certain players. I see this as being divisive and does not help build the togetherness of a team.

So when the team had a horrible 2017-2018 did players say that it was because the GM messed up by not signing Markov and Rads ?

After a loss do players say it was because the team was outcoached as MT was unable to keep up with the other teams in game adjustments ?

No to both.

I dont think players should be trashed. You want to trade them? Trade them. Dont talk down their value, it's stupid.

Anyway, my two cents.

No where in that quote did he trash mete. All he said was it’s not a big deal that he’s in the AHL at 20, in fact its part of the natural development for most players

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I have a hair trigger on this.

Fans were trashing Patrice Brisbois and Gainey told them to stay home. Price has had a real past couple of years and everybody has been pretty protective of him. That's what I like.

All those in an organization need to have each others back. I am not saying general statements about the team needing to play better or if asked by media about a specific player saying he needs to work on a thing or two are out of order.

I remember AK46 having a great start to the year and when asked about it, Jacques Martin spat out " contract year".

I think Julien is not so bad, but we have had coaches like JM and MT , and our current GM who have been just brutal on certain players. I see this as being divisive and does not help build the togetherness of a team.

So when the team had a horrible 2017-2018 did players say that it was because the GM messed up by not signing Markov and Rads ?

After a loss do players say it was because the team was outcoached as MT was unable to keep up with the other teams in game adjustments ?

No to both.

I dont think players should be trashed. You want to trade them? Trade them. Dont talk down their value, it's stupid.

Anyway, my two cents.

I think it's possible you read his quote wrong. he's not trashing mete. He's doing everything in his power to take pressure and eyes off of him for having been sent down at all to begin with. He's saying it's not his fault and that most of the time, at his age, he'd be in the ahl anyway so it's not a big deal to get upset about.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think it's possible you read his quote wrong. he's not trashing mete. He's doing everything in his power to take pressure and eyes off of him for having been sent down at all to begin with. He's saying it's not his fault and that most of the time, at his age, he'd be in the ahl anyway so it's not a big deal to get upset about.

Ok. I think I agree. Had read earlier comments by him on Scherbak that I didnt think were helpful.

Looking at it I think you guys are right, and that he was not running Mete down.

Hair trigger. Lol. Have just seen too much of it from this team' s coaches.

But I stand corrected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->