Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Belleville Senators (Finally Beat Those Bastards: Laval Wins 4-1)

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I caught a good chunk of the third. I don't know if this is how they played all game, but in that third period, Laval had their working boots on. Great to see them win this one.
Belleville was better in the first, creating some breakdowns in an otherwise decent Laval defensive structure.

Second period felt like it was mostly played on special teams.

I though Laval did a little bit too much of dump and not chase in the third. But overall, the had a very good period.

Primeau was excellent the whole game. Best player for Laval I thought.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Isn't Belleville the team that they're most likely to play in round 1?

if they got in then most likely that's who they would face as the sens as they have a 6 pt lead over Rochester unless they win in their game which is is OT but Rochester has a game in hand.

Utica is in 3rd, they are currently 4 pts up on us unless they win over Rochester in OT but they have 2 games in hand on us though they have cooled off of late. We play rochester then utica next.

Reactions: DAChampion

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Great to see Primeau with three games in a row allowing just one goal, and 2 goal per game on average in his last 11 games. This is elite behind a below average team. All that at only 20 years old, not turning 21 until August. We have a top prospect in the net.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
utica wins in SO so they are 5 pts up and 2 games in hand so a very tough task to catch them. Beating them on sat night would be a good start.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Laval trade Barber/Varone/Peca and wins 3 in a row (including a win vs a top3 AHL team) despite their D being hugely depleted. I hope MB lets Bouchard interview the next vets that get signed this summer to avoid a repeat fiasco. Alzner/Hudon/Belzile were the leaders and Barber/Varone/Peca were the sulkers.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I liked the skating there, I'm no expert on skating but it's odd how sometimes his skating looks bad to me but there it looked fine.

I noticed the same thing. His skating technique looks fine at times. Once he gets tired, it goes down the drain however. I think that might be a sign of someone who worked on his skating, but for whom it's still not fully natural. It's at least a good sign that it will continue getting better with each summer and with more strength/endurance.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Laval trade Barber/Varone/Peca and wins 3 in a row (including a win vs a top3 AHL team) despite their D being hugely depleted. I hope MB lets Bouchard interview the next vets that get signed this summer to avoid a repeat fiasco. Alzner/Hudon/Belzile were the leaders and Barber/Varone/Peca were the sulkers.

Getting rid of Barber/Varone/Peca was a great move. It's hard to win when you have a player on each line making systematic errors every second shift.

It's a shame Ouellet, Evans and Belzile aren't there right now, because I think the team could go on a run.

KK's really good. It's very impressive for a 19 year old to go ppg in the AHL. If he gets stronger and gets his skating to Armia level, I just don't see how he can bust.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Lynch

If we sign Caufield and send him straight to the ahl when his season is over, then putting Caufield on that line instead of Lynch would be huge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad