Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Loses 5-4 in OT: Laval's 6-Game Win Streak Comes to an End

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bouchard >> Sly but Bouchard has actual talent to work with

can't agree there at all. Lefebvre had the best player in the AHL, he had 2 of the top goal scorers in the league, he had the leagues top defensemen. He made poor decisions with his roster and that's on him.

He had more talent then you think in terms of solid AHLers. Terry, Taormina, Dumont, Carr, Holloway, Blunden, Pateryn, Ghetto, Hudon, St-Denis, Hensick, St-Pierre, Tok, Condon, Drewiske, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bowman, Tangradi, Ellis, Dietz, Barberio, Gelinas

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
can't agree there at all. Lefebvre had the best player in the AHL, he had 2 of the top goal scorers in the league, he had the leagues top defensemen. He made poor decisions with his roster and that's on him.

He had more talent then you think in terms of solid AHLers. Terry, Taormina, Dumont, Carr, Holloway, Blunden, Pateryn, Ghetto, Hudon, St-Denis, Hensick, St-Pierre, Tok, Condon, Drewiske, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bowman, Tangradi, Ellis, Dietz, Barberio, Gelinas

I don’t think it’s on par with the current talent but how can we know?

I guess we just agree that Bouchard is the by far better coach

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mccarron is embarrassing out there. A slow skating clod. He’ll be echl bound soon.

Oh man, that's not encouraging.

Thought his skating had markedly improved last season before he got injured. Talk about a tailspin.

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mccarron is embarrassing out there. A slow skating clod. He’ll be echl bound soon.

right they are going to send the center that's been on their top line to the ECHL, good one. :loony:

Not McCarron's best outing tonight.

he just missed scoring a goal twice, if one of them goes in things look different. He needs to be smarter though, clearly the refs are whistle happy. He's had some nice hits.

I don’t think it’s on par with the current talent but how can we know?

I guess we just agree that Bouchard is the by far better coach

I'd say this years team is most certainly deeper then any AHL team we have had in some time but that doesn't mean past AHL teams didn't have talent. Now last year's team with what it ended up once Agostino, Chaput, Froese, were all gone, now that team didn't have any talent outside of Evans/Belzile for the 2nd half.

How are we looking?

not bad but so often this team can't score more then 2 and they struggle against this goalie/team when not many other teams do since they are at the bottom of the division again. So hopefully they can get going in the 3rd. Need to pick up points against these bottom teams.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
right they are going to send the center that's been on their top line to the ECHL, good one. :loony:

Top line? Ok. If he’s getting top line minutes, then why is he so brutal? Trust me. The guy isn’t even ahl material. You must be one of the guys who thought he was still a prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Top line? Ok. If he’s getting top line minutes, then why is he so brutal? Trust me. The guy isn’t even ahl material. You must be one of the guys who thought he was still a prospect.

right so I will totally take your opinion seriously when you didn't even know McCarron's been on the top line and the Hudon McCarron Weise line has often been their best line during the winning streak.

He doesn't look as good as last year but he's clearly not going to the ECHL, what a ridiculous take.

Goal!! Hudon.

Peca with great poise to make the cross-ice pass at the perfect moment.

Leskinen with the other assist. He now has 2 assists tonight.

Another nice one from Hudon, getting him going will be huge.

who was that defensemen that got deked out of his jock on the sens 3rd goal? Ouellet?

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
who was that defensemen that got deked out of his jock on the sens 3rd goal? Ouellet?

I don't know who it was. Ouellet is out with an injury and hasn't returned. Laval is currently playing with 5 defensemen. That was a nifty play by the Sens' player.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
right so I will totally take your opinion seriously when you didn't even know McCarron's been on the top line and the Hudon McCarron Weise line has often been their best line during the winning streak.

He doesn't look as good as last year but he's clearly not going to the ECHL, what a ridiculous take.

neither Weise nor Mccarron factored into the scoring. Hudon scored both without them. Either than that, they have NOT been the best line.
Just wait. May not be this season, but Mccarron will NOT be around next season. I firmly believe he won’t even be in the ahl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad