Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Loses 5-4 in OT: Laval's 6-Game Win Streak Comes to an End

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
2-0 Laval after the first, we've been much better than Belleville after a bit of a slow start and we're dominating puck possession to a lopsided degree.

Vejdemo has again been pretty good (really surprises me this season with his level of play and dedication, a great progression from last season), I like Leskinen's game as always and pretty much everyone's been good. Primeau looks extremely poised and confident in nets again and if we score another one in the second we'll be in very good position to win the game with the way he's been playing in the AHL this season.

This is by far and wide from top to bottom the best roster I've seen us ice in the AHL ever since the first lockout in '04-'05. Even the year we won the Calder Cup with Price in goal for the playoffs our depth wasn't as good.

That said, Bouchard is making adjustments on the fly and talking to players, making them progress seemingly from game-to-game in a way that Lefevbre never managed in all his time with our AHL affiliate. Bouchard's not amongst the elite of the AHL as far as coaches go, but if he continues to show results with our young players he might get there from reputation in a couple of years.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hopefully Bouchard talks to McCarron about that stupid penalty, but he was playing well before that with the big hit and he almost scored on the PP.

Peca's looked good out there, as has Vejdemo and I didn't think Lynch had the hands for that kind of goal. Nice goal from Hudon again, really need to get him scoring in bunches.

In regards to Bouchard, he's night and day to the previous coach, since all you have to do is look at the bulk of the players that played for him last year, almost all of them have improved while in the past it was the opposite. A good sign for the future, now if we could just stop rushing them to the NHL.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
2-0 Laval after the first, we've been much better than Belleville after a bit of a slow start and we're dominating puck possession to a lopsided degree.

Vejdemo has again been pretty good (really surprises me this season with his level of play and dedication, a great progression from last season), I like Leskinen's game as always and pretty much everyone's been good. Primeau looks extremely poised and confident in nets again and if we score another one in the second we'll be in very good position to win the game with the way he's been playing in the AHL this season.

This is by far and wide from top to bottom the best roster I've seen us ice in the AHL ever since the first lockout in '04-'05. Even the year we won the Calder Cup with Price in goal for the playoffs our depth wasn't as good.

That said, Bouchard is making adjustments on the fly and talking to players, making them progress seemingly from game-to-game in a way that Lefevbre never managed in all his time with our AHL affiliate. Bouchard's not amongst the elite of the AHL as far as coaches go, but if he continues to show results with our young players he might get there from reputation in a couple of years.

Bouchard >> Sly but Bouchard has actual talent to work with

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Missed practically the entire first period due to helping my girl with her homework. It was good to see Laval up 2-0 when I opened the TV.

16-5 shots for Laval. Must have been complete domination.

No better person I know to help your kid with “Rocket” technology!

funny? :facepalm:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Sly wouldn't know actual talent if he stumbled on it. :naughty:

He had plenty of talent when he was a coach. He just sucked in all facets of being a coach and adding dumbfounded Carrier's son to the AHL coaching staff when he was a lousy div 3 coach in the NCAA compounded the stupidity.

It was 7 years of Horrible bosses when the guys son took over the business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad