Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Game 1: Cleveland Monsters 3 - 2 Laval Rocket: Au Moins Un But Tout Québécois

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
French broadcaster just said Poehling is getting and better as the game goes on

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marcotte HAD to mention it, didn't he?

''Un but tout Québécois''

There is an obsession with where people are from. When you have Stéphane Leroux doing play by play, it's one of those things he'll keep harping on, especially when it comes to local players.

Leroux was bragging on Rds about how his son was farther ahead in his sportscaster career than he was at the same age. Jeez Stéphane, he's been getting jobs thanks to you, I wonder how you didn't notice before. He must have those broadcaster bloodlines where one's offspring shows an innate ability to nab scarce jobs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just slo-moed the goal. The shot was well-placed in the top corner to Lindgren's left, while Lindgren's view seemed blocked by two players converging toward the net.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just slo-moed the goal. The shot was well-placed in the top corner to Lindgren's left, while Lindgren's view seemed blocked by two players converging toward the net.

It was just a really good back-hand. The player had momentum so his shot was harder and quicker than it would have. He did use OCA (Orange Cone Alzner) to deke and gain that momentum.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was just a really good back-hand. The player had momentum so his shot was harder and quicker than it would have. He did use OCA (Orange Cone Alzner) to deke and gain that momentum.

Backhand was effective but it didn't look to me that Lindgren had any chance on that -- his sightline seemed obstructed.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Rocket loses while playing a good game. Typical.
It’s so cruel. Disappointing to lose with those ending manners. Every time it turn up in our disfavour. Hope they remain confident... However it’s always cooldou to see my baby habs progressing...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
would have liked to see more from Barber, he's got to be one of the main players on this team as he should be expected to carry the offense. Brook, Hudon, Belzile, Evans were the best players imo, Leskinen struggled and Poehling wasn't at his best although he may still have some rust after not playing much in presason.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
would have liked to see more from Barber, he's got to be one of the main players on this team as he should be expected to carry the offense. Brook, Hudon, Belzile, Evans were the best players imo, Leskinen struggled and Poehling wasn't at his best although he may still have some rust after not playing much in presason.

I would put Barber on the right of Poehling. I think Peca - Poehling - Barber has a better chance at success than Peca - Poehling - Weise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad