Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Game 1: Cleveland Monsters 3 - 2 Laval Rocket: Au Moins Un But Tout Québécois

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Alzner was average even for the AHL. I really hope they buy him out next year and save face. There's no point to keeping him around.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They’re loaded! No way they should be losing. I know it’s one game, but geez. They’ve got enough nhl experience with some good young guys, they should be a top team.

No matter how stacked they are, they won't go 76-0. They will lose games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah but just sucks to see it start same way as last few seasons.

Two years ago, they started with a 3-0 win against Belleville. Last year they started with a 3-2 win against Providence. So they didn't start the same way as the last few seasons.

As for a playoff berth, we all hope for one. But tonight's loss doesn't mean this is what they'll be like the rest of the season.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Two years ago, they started with a 3-0 win against Belleville. Last year they started with a 3-2 win against Providence. So they didn't start the same way as the last few seasons.

As for a playoff berth, we all hope for one. But tonight's loss doesn't mean this is what they'll be like the rest of the season.

I meant the losing. Everyone's hoping this team looks good ASAP rather than it be a long process.

Still early.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They’re loaded! No way they should be losing. I know it’s one game, but geez. They’ve got enough nhl experience with some good young guys, they should be a top team.

I don't think its as simple as throwing a bunch of talent together, and to expect instant success.

On paper, the team looks strong, but there was also alot of turnover too, so it will naturally take time for things to come together. It could take several weeks, even months for the club to really find its groove.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
wow, last nights game. first very very bad refs, no set system at all, it looked like 23 different systems. can't make a pass to stick pass, can't hit the forward on the go with a stick to stick pass, nobody but nobody is looking BEFORE they pass.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
This mix of baby habs/habs gonna really works their life up. Willn't have the choice of...

Nouvelle saison... Même histoire sti! Bah 1st game of season. Rocket will be fine, I hope. LOL
I believe it, I'm crossing my whole fingers...

No matter how stacked they are, they won't go 76-0. They will lose games. As for a playoff berth, we all hope for one. But tonight's loss doesn't mean this is what they'll be like the rest of the season.
Steps are implemented slowly. We're demanding tho. That being said, I'm on their side whatever what gonna arrive...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Yeah but just sucks to see it start same way as last few seasons.Hoping for a winning record and a playoff berth.I meant the losing. Everyone's hoping this team looks good ASAP rather than it be a long process. Still early.
Look at when where where. Then look where we are. Such an reconfiguration. Like from A to Z. Well done they're doing.

I don't think its as simple as throwing a bunch of talent together, and to expect instant success. On paper, the team looks strong, but there was also alot of turnover too, so it will naturally take time for things to come together. It could take several weeks, even months for the club to really find its groove.
They'll find it, I'm not worrying about it...

wow, last nights game. first very very bad refs, no set system at all, it looked like 23 different systems. can't make a pass to stick pass, can't hit the forward on the go with a stick to stick pass, nobody but nobody is looking BEFORE they pass.
A new-look team. So it's very normal those symptoms.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
This is a stacked lineup. First three lines are potent.

If they fail this season, it will mean that this wonderful coach isn't as wonderful as some make him out to be.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

They are loaded with tweeners I keep looking at that roster and thinking it's missing something.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Alzner was average even for the AHL. I really hope they buy him out next year and save face. There's no point to keeping him around.
He's got a great attitude and wears the "A" ;)

They are loaded with tweeners I keep looking at that roster and thinking it's missing something.
I kind of feel like they went from the youngest team in the AHL to one of the oldest. High end prospects is what's lacking over there. Poehling, Brook, maybe Suzuki back soon, but the others are overseas or like Caufield, in college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad