Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Belleville Senators vs. Laval Rocket (Laval Blows a 3-Goal Lead. Lose 5-4 in OT)

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017

I don't have a moment to translate right now for those who don't speak French. I will try to type it down later. Unless someone else wants to tackle it in the meantime.

Man if only we could give Bouchard a lifetime ahl coaching contract lol. Since Ducharmme is probably the next HC after Julien, hopefully he can mold the future core players that will play on the team for the next 10 or so years before we lose him to an nhl team. Either that or give him a job in player development if he doesn't mind stepping away from behind the bench.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Man if only we could give Bouchard a lifetime ahl coaching contract lol. Since Ducharmme is probably the next HC after Julien, hopefully he can mold the future core players that will play on the team for the next 10 or so years before we lose him to an nhl team. Either that or give him a job in player development if he doesn't mind stepping away from behind the bench.
Haven't you read the latest reports from the HF experts? Bouchard sucks and was overhyped, man please follow the trends of this board if you're gonna post:sarcasm:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Yea Brook is back on defense. Played with Alzner as he has pretty much all season.

And agreed about Kotkaniemi being in Laval is overdue. This is Bouchard's most important task to date. It's not so much the skill set he will help with, but more his confidence and help working on a few areas he needs to improve on.

Poehling was also off to a rough start, too. But before his call up, he was getting going and looking real good

Yeah, have seen this movie before, BigMac, DLR, Scherbak...

Hey, the kid is starting to get his game together. Ok, call him up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, have seen this movie before, BigMac, DLR, Scherbak...

Hey, the kid is starting to get his game together. Ok, call him up.

I think circumstances played a role in Poehling getting called up.

The first time he got called up for a few games, he didn't deserve being brought up. They sent him back down and that's when he started to get his groove.

In the meantime, Peca and Barber got called up. Peca got hurt. In Laval, Belzile and Varone got hurt and were out long term (turns out Belzile is out for the season). That series of events is what made Montreal turn to Poehling for the call up. Had Peca stayed healthy in Montreal or Belzile and Varone were healthy in Laval, my guess is Poehling would have stayed in Laval.

Personally, I would have preferred they called Weise up first and kept Poehling down.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think circumstances played a role in Poehling getting called up.

The first time he got called up for a few games, he didn't deserve being brought up. They sent him back down and that's when he started to get his groove.

In the meantime, Peca and Barber got called up. Peca got hurt. In Laval, Belzile and Varone got hurt and were out long term (turns out Belzile is out for the season). That series of events is what made Montreal turn to Poehling for the call up. Had Peca stayed healthy in Montreal or Belzile and Varone were healthy in Laval, my guess is Poehling would have stayed in Laval.

Personally, I would have preferred they called Weise up first and kept Poehling down.

They want the post season and Poehling was likely the best guy , so up with the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad