AHL Attendance figures

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
P-Bruins attendance figures are pretty accurate in my opinion. Not to say they don't give away a certain of tickets and have BOGO tickets but there's usually at least 8000 bodies in the building.

Raking in money hand over fist, on more than just straight up ticket sales.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Rochester got a boost by playing in Buffalo last night. The official attendance was 17,099 which included 16,000 Sabres season ticket holders most of whom didn't show up. Looking at the stream I doubt there were more than 3,500 in the building.

wildthing202

May 29, 2006
another boost tonight as well....

1,592 according to the AHL. Nothing like proving that the city wants a team in the future like not showing up now. This just 8 days after getting 1,488 the lowest in Worcester AHL history. This city is just pathetic.

Team should be averaging 6,000+ like they did before the millennium with the IceCats.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
1,592 according to the AHL. Nothing like proving that the city wants a team in the future like not showing up now. This just 8 days after getting 1,488 the lowest in Worcester AHL history. This city is just pathetic.

Team should be averaging 6,000+ like they did before the millennium with the IceCats.

On a Wednesday night? Good luck with that.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
On a Wednesday night? Good luck with that.

I was at the Milwaukee game last night. Officially, the attendance was 2550. I believe about 1800 was the real number of fans present. The rest were no-shows due to Game 7 of the World Series.

I found 1 TV in the BMOHBC with the ballgame on. There were 3 people watching it besides me during the second intermission. Since the Brewers average about 35,000 fans a game and Milwaukee has unusually high sports viewership in the US, my conclusion is that people stayed home to watch Game 7 live. The Admirals attendance is always less on the Sunday when the Daytona 500 is run.

The Ads were on a 6 game win streak. That usually brings more fans to the games, not fewer.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Rochester got a boost by playing in Buffalo last night. The official attendance was 17,099 which included 16,000 Sabres season ticket holders most of whom didn't show up. Looking at the stream I doubt there were more than 3,500 in the building.

They were probably watching the World Series!

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

Were you there?

wildthing202

May 29, 2006
Were you there?

Classic question to turn the blame unto me. No I wasn't, I don't have the time since I work third shift unlike most people. Besides I'm not 4,000 people, you'd have better luck asking city folk rather than this country bumpkin who works the 3rd shift.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Classic question to turn the blame unto me. No I wasn't, I don't have the time since I work third shift unlike most people. Besides I'm not 4,000 people, you'd have better luck asking city folk rather than this country bumpkin who works the 3rd shift.

I'm not shifting any blame, I was wondering if you were there. Seeing as you work third shift, that's a good reason for not going. So, I presume we'll see you Saturday then, right?

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
I'm not shifting any blame, I was wondering if you were there. Seeing as you work third shift, that's a good reason for not going. So, I presume we'll see you Saturday then, right?

Stick by your guns!! Yes, he is to blame!!!! :yo: :sarcasm:

Nah, I have season tickets t the Wolves but have yet to go to a game. Life keeps getting in the way!!

The whole thing about the attendance numbers is that I have been counted as going to each of the games so far. I know the Wolves owner has pride in the attendance but the Wolves are his passion so not sure how much difference attendance makes to him.

We know the Devils don't care. :)

RFA

Jan 17, 2010
That's not giving the Devils enough credit..... they care, want to keep it low which gives them more leverage when negotiating a new lease!

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
That's not giving the Devils enough credit..... they care, want to keep it low which gives them more leverage when negotiating a new lease!

Smallbany is a wierd market though. They drew 7000 for lousy two playoff games, but then only drew 3500 all season. Then RPI and Union play one game in the arena and there are 9000 fans. I think Albany's attendance will pick up again but nearby Union College who are the National Defending NCAA champs are off to an impressive start yet again, of course hockey fans are going to flock. The Albany Devils oddly enough have been a landing spot for former Union college players. I got to see Union play down here in Philly and they were impressive to watch, more so over a mediocre AHL team but this season Albany has done a complete turarnound and so far are the team to beat in the American League. I have no idea why the Devils would step back into Smallbany and just change the name, team logo, dump the identity, and expect people in Albany not be disgruntled afterward, just like Lowell Mass. Rangers would be a strong fit for Albany, but if the Devils have a very good season this year in Albany I will reserve my judgement for Albany at seasons end. I noticed Albany only plays two home games in February, that is attendance suicide, what is up with that???? Guess they want more basketball, Billy Joel, or Elton John Concerts in Smallbany lol.

RFA

Jan 17, 2010
There's only room for about 100 more fans at Union, there's no room for a flock. I went to the banner raising, left after 1st period. if I'm bringing my family back I'd have to buy at least two tickets for each of us. Good coach, good players, terrible facility. It's the old wood pull out bleachers from high school gyms. Have to be under 5'9 and 160 lbs to fit. They put some type of air conditioners where we used to stand. If/when Flames and Devils move on I'll go to the RPI games instead. Nice to have options, but that's not a good one. Plus there are zero bars/restraints in walking distance lol.

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
I don't know if anybody has checked besides me but that link to the AHL attendance numbers only goes to the daily schedule. Does anyone know where they moved it or if it's even up anymore.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Just for fun, here is where the ECHL teams rumored to be joining the AHL West would sit relative to AHL teams based on attendance so far this year:

Team Average
Hershey 9,037
Lake Erie 8,421
Providence 8,086
Lehigh Valley 7,878
Ontario 7,806
Syracuse 7,375
Chicago 6,901
Grand Rapids 6,423
Rochester 6,210
St. John's 6,156
Iowa 5,848
San Antonio 5,595
Manchester 5,346
Charlotte 5,301
Texas 5,204
Bakersfield 5,051
W-B/Scranton 4,822
Stockton 4,336
Rockford 4,249
Hamilton 4,123
Bridgeport 4,100
Norfolk 4,098
Toronto 4,014
Milwaukee 3,808
Utica 3,692
Adirondack 3,573
Binghamton 3,538
Hartford 3,404
Oklahoma City 3,194
Worcester 3,157
Portland 3,141
Springfield 2,845
Albany 2,744

Presumably OKC, Manchester, and Worcester would be gone next year, if the swap happens. So overall, AHL attendance would be stronger. Manchester draws well, you'd have to think that they wouldn't go without a team for long...How long can some of these teams drawing under 4,000/game survive? Which of those are not owned by an NHL team?

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
Presumably OKC, Manchester, and Worcester would be gone next year, if the swap happens. So overall, AHL attendance would be stronger. Manchester draws well, you'd have to think that they wouldn't go without a team for long...How long can some of these teams drawing under 4,000/game survive? Which of those are not owned by an NHL team?

With the exception of OKC (and, arguably, Portland), all of those low-attendance teams have very easy travel schedules. They travel to all games by bus, many within a short (3 hours or less) drive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad