Post-Game Talk: Against all odds, Habs beat Chris Lee 5-3! Philly now leads series 3-2

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I know we don't want to get into a situation where all plays become reviewable, but if you are going to review boarding penalties that are assessed 5 minute penalties, you might as well open it up to all boarding plays that are deemed dangerous.

I mean, once the 5 minutes were assessed to KK, it was a forgone conclusion that he would be kicked out since it drew blood, review or no review.

To me, the bigger issue is when a ref misses or misinterprets a dangerous boarding play altogether, which I don't think would be a reviewable play under the current rules.

Establish a standard, and leverage video review to help uphold it.
On my side I am trying the see what was the difference between that hit and the one on Evans .. can't see the difference. One was no penalty the other one a Major. This is what makes these rules hard to follow. Review that other play and give a Major for that hit on Evens and I have no problem with the call on KK.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
On my side I am trying the see what was the difference between that hit and the one on Evans .. can't see the difference. One was no penalty the other one a Major. This is what makes these rules hard to follow. Review that other play and give a Major for that hit on Evens and I have no problem with the call on KK.
I can see a huge difference. One was a clean hit where a player CHOSE not to protect himself. The other was a dirty stick work wiht intent to injure.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So will Habs be sending a tape to the league on Gallaghers getting hit in a face? Or is Bergevin not even good for that?

Reactions: Holystik

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
I also thought Evans was much better tonight... Not sure whether Hudon was an upgrade on Belzile but at best swapping these 2 is a-wash. Not sure how else you spruce up the 4th line with the "talent" that Habs got.
Poehling-Evans-Armia

That line could potentially create havoc on the forecheck. And a good sized line as well.

Reactions: 417

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Poehling-Evans-Armia

That line could potentially create havoc on the forecheck. And a good sized line as well.
If Poehling can be trusted defensively I am all for it. Quiet frankly I at all don't know what his game's like now.

Reactions: Yoor

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Crosscheck right to the mouth. Wow! Not called. Just saw the replay. That was as nasty as it gets.

But thats the NHL kids. They will review for 45 minutes if a skate blade is juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust over the blueline to negate a goal, but smashing a players mouth in......."do do de de do do do"... didn't see a thing.

The League needs another moto...Players Health Matters

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I was too sucked into the emotions of last nights game that I practically didn't pay any attention to The Great Charles Hudon. On one hand I'd like to think that the fact I didn't hear his name mentioned is a good thing. On the other... has he played much? I remember Evans but I don't remember Le Grand Charles.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Hey there it’s the Niskanen’s you are graciously invited to our brunch this Sunday. On the menu elbow to the face followed by a piece of lumber straight to the mouth and to finish a good old shove down the ice.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I was too sucked into the emotions of last nights game that I practically didn't pay any attention to The Great Charles Hudon. On one hand I'd like to think that the fact I didn't hear his name mentioned is a good thing. On the other... has he played much? I remember Evans but I don't remember Le Grand Charles.

Let's just say that he played the same TOI as Kotkaniemi

Reactions: The Real Timo

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Man I haven’t been as engaged/posting as much as I did maybe like 10 years ago, but it’s almost quaint to see that Chris Lee is still trying to screw with the Habs, even better that we pulled off the W in spite.

Reactions: PhysicX

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

That was vicious and deserves at least 1 game and even more IMO depending on how hurt Gallagher ends up being. The NHL can't let players off with just a measly fine for dirty crap like that.

The refs are certainly wearing the correct color for the arm bands on their uniforms it seems. Matches the Flyers home jersey color perfectly. Oh and just because. **** you Chris Lee.

Reactions: angusyoung

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I can see a huge difference. One was a clean hit where a player CHOSE not to protect himself. The other was a dirty stick work wiht intent to injure.

I think he was referring to the hit by tanev on Evans in the previous series which took Evans out of the lineup.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Just found this very ironic gem in the Flyers forum.

Naturally, I won't directly quote...

By Deadpool8812:
"Most Habs fans are like anti-vaxxers and flat Earthers . You can't argue with them even if you throw a bunch of scientific facts/proof at them...they just ignore it and continue to believe what they want to believe."

Post-Game Talk: - ECQF 5 | FLYERS (3) vs. Canadiens (5) | Wedn., Aug. 19, 2020 | Flyers lead series 3-2

For a city that is very sensitive about its fan reputation, this post does not look good on this guy at all.

The common retort about their fan reputation is that most of the fans are still good, and to not let a few bad apples diminish that, but that doesn't stop this guy from painting other fans with the stroke of one brush.

Thanks for the comedy.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad