After acquiring E Kane, Would You Trade for O'Reilly or a Similar Player?

Bps21*

I don't want Kessel. Not because I don't think he's good...it's just that long a contract eats up a lot of money and time spent on the wrong side of 30. I didn't want to be the team to give Vanek his next contract and I feel the same about picking up this one.

O'Reilly...o'hell yeah

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
Package of Grigorenko plus NYI 2nd for Jordan Eberle. NYI first plus WPG 2nd plus Gorges/Weber for Jeff Skinner. Package of Stewart plus Mitchell plus Neurvirth for 2015 1st and dead weight. Matt Moulson (is a lw doesn't like to play rw, 33/34 years old around cup contention) dangle for a 2015 first or griffin Reinhart) no o'reilly, he's demonstrated is all about money, and will hold out for the highest contract possible. Not paying a top 6/9 winger 6.5 to 7 mill

Those are all horrible trades... no chance anyone accepts them.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
I'd love to get O'Reilly, but I would not trade Girgensons for him.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Why would the Sabres be out based on either of these options? We probably would prefer the second time period, but if the price is right Murray should go for him at the deadline too. So after you randomly tell us we won't sniff ROR without providing a reason, you provide an update on how he has been lazy this season and how the Avs game went tonight.... Has someone been drinking and typing?:shakehead

My point is that the Avalanche won't lose O'Reilly the way they lost Stastny. I don't see that the Sabres have anyone the Av's want at this point since an established quality 2-3-4 pairing D man is their #1 need. So I'm projecting that O'Reilly will be gone before Buffalo has restocked the pantry (Zads, Risto, etc. ain't (better not be) going no where).

So many on this board are so high on O'Reilly that I thought I would convey how he played against a strong EC team in a game that was pretty important to his own team.

I'm betting that O'Reilly ends up in Toronto. Sorry if my post confused you.

Snark is one of the reasons I hardly ever post here anymore……..

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
My point is that the Avalanche won't lose O'Reilly the way they lost Stastny. I don't see that the Sabres have anyone the Av's want at this point since an established quality 2-3-4 pairing D man is their #1 need. So I'm projecting that O'Reilly will be gone before Buffalo has restocked the pantry (Zads, Risto, etc. ain't (better not be) going no where).

So many on this board are so high on O'Reilly that I thought I would convey how he played against a strong EC team in a game that was pretty important to his own team.

I'm betting that O'Reilly ends up in Toronto. Sorry if my post confused you.

Snark is one of the reasons I hardly ever post here anymore……..

Your post started pretty snarky champ. And I doubt Col is getting a quality top pairing defender with his contract situation. Risto and Zads are both to valuable to give up in ROR trade. He will get a quantity package.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't want Kessel. Not because I don't think he's good...it's just that long a contract eats up a lot of money and time spent on the wrong side of 30. I didn't want to be the team to give Vanek his next contract and I feel the same about picking up this one.

O'Reilly...o'hell yeah

I wouldn't touch Kessel because I don't think he's the type of guy that you win with.

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
I want a Jere Lehtinen too, but I am not so keen on paying good assets and Modano money to get him.
Rather wait another season to see what Buffalo has in the NHL and on the farm before making a deal for a guy that may not be the missing piece.

Last edited:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I wouldn't touch Kessel because I don't think he's the type of guy that you win with.

I don't think he's a guy you win with IF he's one of your CORE/Leader guys. If he's a complimentary guy, I think you would be okay.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Dont worry about what other fans think of this trade lol. We are now in a position to overpay in trades to get the pieces Murray wants. "Winning trades" on paper is over.

The title of Darcy's autobiography should be "How I Won Every Trade But Lost the War Anyways"

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
At the draft:

Nikita Zadorov + NYI 1st + ___________ for Oliver Ekman-Larsson?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
At the draft:

Nikita Zadorov + NYI 1st + ___________ for Oliver Ekman-Larsson?

A piece you don't want to add. Girgs at least, and that might not be enough. That first is okay but not a huge asset. Zadorov has potential but is unlikely to ever get to OEL. The missing piece has to be huge to get him. If not Girgs or Kane, we probably don't have the roster piece for OEL, unless you want to use Risto and that sounds terrible.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I won't name a specific target but if we can acquire a relatively young proven forward to fill out three quality forward lines then lets make a deal. Part of the problem of acquiring so many draft picks and prospects is that if they develop then there isn't room for them. So if you can acquire a young player that has shown he can play in the NHL for a couple of decent prospects that may or may not make the roster (or fit on the roster even if they are worthy) then it could be a good trade. One more quality forward and a goalie could make the 2016/17 Sabres an interesting playoff team.

Which website publishes or lets you create the charts from page three (and other various threads)?

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Going after younger players with huge potential, the only guy I'd target is Yakupov. His perceived value is low, but his potential is astronomical, still very young and has been stuck in the only situation worse than Buffalo. Best thing is that they don't need a quality piece in return, they have high skilled forwards, they have high end D prospects, they need the blue collar quantity guys.

Foligno/Larsson/Des, McCabe/Weber, low 1st, prospect not named Samson or Brycen could be all it takes.

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
Going after younger players with huge potential, the only guy I'd target is Yakupov. Foligno/Larsson/Des, McCabe/Weber, low 1st, prospect not named Samson or Brycen could be all it takes.

Trade for Yakupov
Draft <del>Barbashev</del> Svechnikov
Play with Grigorenko
Profit (may be in rubles)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: