After acquiring E Kane, Would You Trade for O'Reilly or a Similar Player?

ZeroPT*

Hell yes
The only prospects I really don't want to trade in these types of deals are Fasching and Pysyk. The rest are fair game

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'd give up Hodgson, Grigorenko, our Remaining late 1st, and McCabe.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
One of Girgensons/Grigorenko would have to be involved in a trade for ROR, I would guess. As a matter of fact, I think Girgensons might be at his peak value right now, so assuming ROR is your priority for some reason, it might be a good idea to move Girgs as one of the core pieces.

Girgs + Pysyk + late 1st? :dunno:

I'd love to have him on the team, but I don't think the Sabres currently have an expendable defenseman that the Avs would probably want to have in return.

Heretic

May 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Too much risk because he is a pending UFA. I'm not eager to strip our assets too much further.

I think this is probably the best approach to take but I'm curious if we could dangle Grigorenko for him and see if they bite. I also think O'Reilly is a little expensive but man would having a top 6 of

Kane - McEichel - Moulson/Stewart
Girgensons - Reinhart - O'Reilly

be really enticing. We'd be so hard to play against!

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
One of Girgensons/Grigorenko would have to be involved in a trade for ROR, I would guess. As a matter of fact, I think Girgensons might be at his peak value right now, so assuming ROR is your priority for some reason, it might be a good idea to move Girgs as one of the core pieces.

I'd love to have him on the team, but I don't think the Sabres currently have an expendable defenseman that the Avs would probably want to have in return.

No way to that trade.

We keep Girgs

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I think this is probably the best approach to take but I'm curious if we could dangle Grigorenko for him and see if they bite. I also think O'Reilly is a little expensive but man would having a top 6 of

Kane - McEichel - Moulson/Stewart
Girgensons - Reinhart - O'Reilly

be really enticing. We'd be so hard to play against!

Moulson will need oxygen on the bench after ever shift trying to keep up with his line mates :laugh:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
definitely.
definitely.
definitely.

he's the perfect final piece to the forward core, fitting in perfectly with the 19-23 yr old core group.

Oreilly wants to get paid, and contend.
We can pay him, and show him the foundation of a contender.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I don't think a move like that is necessary right now, as far as trading more assets. see what's doin this summer as far as cap dumps/UFA goes. and then again at next years deadline/summer. patience.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
No way to that trade.

We keep Girgs
I wouldn't want to have that trade either, but I'm just looking through the eyes of someone who's really willing to a) fast-track the rebuild, b) get ROR.

There's no way you get him without losing a valuable player (Risto/Zads, Girgs). I mean, Hodgson + McCabe won't cut it. :laugh:

Also, Girgs could be overrated right now because of his huge role on the current Sabres team (it's bound to become smaller with every coming season), so there could be some good value in adding him to the trade.

But, once again, I truly hope he isn't going anywhere.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
how about the Vanek deal, for Oreilly

Ennis (moulson), Conditional 2016 1st (top 5 protected), 2017 2nd

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
definitely.
definitely.
definitely.

he's the perfect final piece to the forward core, fitting in perfectly with the 19-23 yr old core group.

Oreilly wants to get paid, and contend.
We can pay him, and show him the foundation of a contender.

Pretty much my thoughts. Admittedly a huge Ryan O'Reilly fanboy and in every thread about him I post how much I want him, and I only want him even more after this trade.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

Not even remotely close

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I don't think Pegula lets Murray move our 2016 1st.

i am confident that if the guy Pegula hired to build a contender says, "this will help us win a cup", Pegula won't overrule him for some stupid fan sense of media/draft coverage.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If Bogosian for Myers was an even swap in Murray's mind. We paid a UFA winger, Armia, Lemieux and a late first for a 23 year old former 30 goal scorer with term. O'Reilly is not going to cost more then that, he doesn't have a contract, has some history as well, and doesn't have the huge upside that Kane does. He probably is pretty close to his ceiling already.

Jake McCabe or Mark Pysyk would be involved, along with our other first rounder this year. I would guess Colorado also wants a physical cost controlled depth guy or two.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
i am confident that if the guy Pegula hired to build a contender says, "this will help us win a cup", Pegula won't overrule him for some stupid fan sense of media/draft coverage.

Okay, fine. The pick will probably be in the top 10 again and that's a steep price to pay.

I'd be more than happy to deal our 2017 1st, a Grigorenko, and McCabe/Pysyk for O'Reilly

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
I would be worried about UFA. O'Reilly wants top $ and the Sabres could afford to pay, so they could make it work.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00