After 14 playoff games, MTL has a net PK% of 102.4%

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Hockey players slack off on the PP. It's ingrained in them at a very young age and reinforced all the way up to the NHL.

Smart PK'ers take advantage of that laziness combined with the nature of the PP setup - static and 150 feet from their own net. Ripe for scoring on transition.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Hockey players slack off on the PP. It's ingrained in them at a very young age and reinforced all the way up to the NHL.

Smart PK'ers take advantage of that laziness combined with the nature of the PP setup - static and 150 feet from their own net. Ripe for scoring on transition.

And that's why folks, hockey teams commonly score more goals on the PK than on the PP.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
In all seriousness, anyone have a running list of all the 1993 similarities? Getting pretty insane.
Oh damn! I didn't even realise it though game 3 ending in OT 3-2 for the Habs is eerily similar too (for those unaware, it was shown that in 1993 game 1 was a opposition win 4-1, then game 2 was a 3-2 Habs win, and in game 3 it was a 4-3 Habs OT win). What other similarities have there been?

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Montreal would have had a legit shot at the cup any other year, but this one they will almost inevitably face a team that's 18M over the cap, and that's just too big a hurdle.

Reactions: RorschachWJK

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Montreal would have had a legit shot at the cup any other year, but this one they will almost inevitably face a team that's 18M over the cap, and that's just too big a hurdle.

This is our Cup series, against a Western team for a trophy the team has never won.

Playing Tampa is going into the SuperLeague where I think Erik Karlsson still hangs out, it's a different dimension. The 6th, or something.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
People who keep accusing Bettman of conspiracy theories to favor Vegas are only partially right.

There is a conspiracy and Bettman is having refs purposefully give Vegas more powerplay time - but that's all because he has a secret arrangement with Molson to help Habs win on the pk :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad