AFCON 2024; 13 January – 11 February 2024

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
After the pandemonium of the AFCON and the Super Bowl, having some time to sit down.

I think Fae keeps his job unquestionably. I'm interested to see how that goes. The next step is the world cup. Qualifying for it is step one. If we get there, I think there's still a big gap in play between us and the top European teams. I think our level is like a mid-table Ligue 1 team, and the top teams are obviously basically all star teams. Which still more reflects the difference between CAF and UEFA/CONMEBOL, I think we are legitimately top class within CAF, and I think CAF is better than some other regions. Still, I'm excited to see how things pan out, even if they could pan out poorly. Historically, Cote D'Ivoire has been very bad at parking the bus, so it will be an uphill climb if ever we get to face the big guns.

Reactions: Power Man

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Great AFCON overall, not for us lol, nice to see the « smaller » teams getting better
Made me wonder how small is Cape Verde anymore, they've made four out of the last six tournaments and even quarter-finals twice. Not much behind the likes of South Africa and Morocco.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Made me wonder how small is Cape Verde anymore, they've made four out of the last six tournaments and even quarter-finals twice. Not much behind the likes of South Africa and Morocco.
I feel like they have to qualify for the World Cup to fully break into the next tier. But boy have they come on incredibly over the last bunch of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad