Ads on Jerseys coming

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
1367137526_all-about-the-benjamins.gif

I highly doubt they go with Euro-like ads all over the place.

My guess is that they have shoulder patches, like the NFL practice jerseys do.

Honestly, I don't care.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
I think everyone is overreacting. All Collins said is that he can feel it coming...

... in the air

... tonight

spa-pbc.jpg

... oh lord... oh looooooorrrrdd

Clock

May 13, 2006
I love how you're all disgusted by the idea to have ads on jerseys, but are OK with the fact that there's ads everywhere else.

Neither parts of that sentence appear to be the case just going by what's in this thread... :dunno:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Them adding those bull **** stupid digital ads on the glass behind the net was bad enough. Ads on jerseys are a joke. Literally the worst idea possible to improve and grow the brand. Great idea, let's have our multi million dollar athletes be a walking (skating) billboard while fans shell out hundreds of dollars a game to watch.

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
No, because that would never happen

increasing revenue streams in new areas is the only way that ever happens. For what it's worth, the NHL is easily the North American sports league that could implement commercial free games the easiest due to the fast pace of games and long intermissions.

also they already do it in overtime in the playoffs.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
everyone will be really mad for a month and then forget about it once they're used to it.

let me ask you guys this: would you take ads on uniforms if it meant commercial free hockey?

Stupid question, won't happen. They're obviously trying to make more money, not replace some ad money with different ad money.

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
Stupid question, won't happen. They're obviously trying to make more money, not replace some ad money with different ad money.

I agree that it won't happen but that doesn't make it a stupid question. Some fans treat advertisements on uniforms as the death of sports, and I'm trying to provide an example where nearly everyone would accept it as a net positive change.

I just couldn't care less about something as vague as the integrity of uniforms if you paid me. I like hockey, the players could be dressed like transformers and I'd still watch.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don't mind the helmet ads as long as they match the color scheme. It's the times where the company logo is like...red or something, then it looks stupid.

Reactions: sabresEH

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I believe the NHL is the professional sport most dependent on the sale of seat tickets.

So will ads on uniforms allow ticket prices to be reduced?

Yeah, I didn't think so either.....

I won't watch and I won't attend. There are other levels of hockey that I can get my sports fix from that don't clutter up helmets, sweaters, gloves, breezers and socks with ads.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If they do Ads on uniforms, it would be more designed for tv than people there.

ads on the shoulders and lower back of jersey and on forehead of goalie mask

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 1