Ads on Jerseys coming

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Maybe Pegula will buy all the ad space on Sabres jersers and not place any ads on them.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
Maybe Pegula will buy all the ad space on Sabres jersers and not place any ads on them.

That would be pretty cool.

But we all knew this time would come eventually. As long as things like this ensure that the league won't go into yet another lockout, I don't really care that much.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If it is happening then it better be on the bottom part of the back of a jersey... Under the numbers. If it's plastered on the front or on the arms then that's a joke . Yet again the NHL proving to be a second rate league. Think the NFL would allow ads on their jerseys? Say what you want about their headphones, tablets Etc they are run like a top rate business. The nhl is not.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio

Harbor-Center-logo-stacked-300x185.jpg

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Was bound to happen. The NBA has been making rumblings about this for years so I'm kinda glad the NHL is the one to go first, let the rest of the leagues follow hockey.

I have zero interest in soccer, but do people who care about those teams and leagues have as much of an issue with sponsorship?

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Its definitely going to influence my decision to buy a jersey. Why should i pay hundreds of dollars to be a walking advertisement of some company i don't give 2 ***** about

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Was bound to happen. The NBA has been making rumblings about this for years so I'm kinda glad the NHL is the one to go first, let the rest of the leagues follow hockey.

I have zero interest in soccer, but do people who care about those teams and leagues have as much of an issue with sponsorship?

Not that anyone really watches it but I believe the WNBA has sponsors on their jerseys, and the big euro soccer clubs do as well.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
Its definitely going to influence my decision to buy a jersey. Why should i pay hundreds of dollars to be a walking advertisement of some company i don't give 2 ***** about

That usually doesn't happen. Ads will only be on the players jerseys. Fans might not even have an option, but to wear jerseys sans the ads. Unless, of course, you get a signed jersey from a player. (But then again; who knows!?)

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
This has to be a sick joke. Will not buy a jersey ever again, at a minimum. And I mean minimum. Could not wear it with a straight face.

As Jerry Seinfeld said, you're rooting for the laundry. We know this. Give us something to root for.

And more money will not prevent lockouts. It will encourage them. It's just more money to fight over.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Just read the article: for only $4M per team???

You dumb ****s better lose $10M in the first year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad