Confirmed with Link: Ads on jersey 2022/23

brithawk

May 1, 2013
Commercial breaks aren’t even that bad in hockey. Plus they utilize the time to clear the ice surface.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they start doing the split screen commercials in between whistles. The game on one side and a commercial on the other if you don’t know what I’m talking about. They do this a lot in golf broadcasts.

Please, just ... no. Don't give 'em ideas.

They used to do this during the Formula 1 coverage a few years back. It was incredibly annoying, and more than once something critical would happen while the commercial was running, and you could barely see it "live" and would have to wait for the replays.

Reactions: MileHighHawksFan

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
There's a pretty unique thing with soccer where there are NO commercial breaks during game play. You do have some during halftime and before matches, but there are never ad breaks during the 45 minute halves. The shirt sponsors are somewhat more understandable in that context.

With the NHL, we already have tons of ad breaks during matches.

point is no one cares.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
point is no one cares.
I mean, will I stop watching? No. Do people stop watching sports because of ads? No.

People do absolutely care though and it makes the product worse. It may be ever so slightly worse but it's real.

Over the long haul, I do know plenty of people who have become turned off by things because after a certain point, what made something previously great, has been so far polluted by other factors that they lose that spark.

I hate this whole notion that just because people can get away with something, they should just do it.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Our team we root for is about 100 years old, hell, my great grandparents were in the hood when Chicago Stadium was built. The league has played through the great depression, multiple market collapses, many teams going through long periods of empty venues, competition with a spin off league, lockouts and so many other major micro/macroeconomic roller coasters.

And they still didn't put ads on the jerseys. You might not give a **** about tradition as fanciful as it makes you feel but sometimes there are little things that have been protected for so long they're worth keeping as they were. They don't need ads on the jerseys, that's BS, it's tasteless, it's fugly and it's a lazy minded $$ solution the likes of which you'd expect from garden variety low rent MBA's.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
The Blackhawks could perhaps get Telsa, the electric car company, to sponsor Marc-André Fluery's jersey. :naughty:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I mean, will I stop watching? No. Do people stop watching sports because of ads? No.

People do absolutely care though and it makes the product worse. It may be ever so slightly worse but it's real.

Over the long haul, I do know plenty of people who have become turned off by things because after a certain point, what made something previously great, has been so far polluted by other factors that they lose that spark.

I hate this whole notion that just because people can get away with something, they should just do it.
if the jerseys end up being like Euro leagues in the future I would absolutely stop watching...that said if they keep the patch small and dont allow more then that's fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad