Confirmed with Link: Ads on jersey 2022/23

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Not enough attention is paid to this fact. Owners absolutely got hammered without gate revenue.
The risk / benefit of “do unpopular thing that makes money for the league” calculation is going to be heavily tiled toward the money side now

True, plus that trickles down to the players with a heavy escrow number in order to make the owners whole, hopefully that helps with that. Escrow and revenue share is always a hot topic come cba time, hopefully the ship rights itself before this current CBA/extension expires.

Reactions: Drumman44

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Who cares?

I’d be annoyed if it got to the extent of some of those euro leagues but I don’t think it will.

I’m more annoyed by the ads on ice and on the glass that they transpose that then bounce around. That can get distracting when they’re real bad, and they often are.

Reactions: MileHighHawksFan

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I’d be annoyed if it got to the extent of some of those euro leagues but I don’t think it will.

I’m more annoyed by the ads on ice and on the glass that they transpose that then bounce around. That can get distracting when they’re real bad, and they often are.
Even if it did get to that point the only reason why anyone would complain is that we're not used to it.

If there had been ads on jerseys since the 70s or 80s nobody would care.

sandyfalkirk

Jun 18, 2014
Scotland
Whilst it is pretty meaningless in the great scheme of things....its a shame really.

One of the things I love about the NHL compared to leagues over here is the cleaner jerseys.

Won't stop me watching but I still think its a shame that some classic jerseys will look more cluttered

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
That is the key, one single patch of that size is not a huge deal. That said, Pandora's box is now open and it will likely only be a matter of time before it looks like this, hope I am wrong...

As It Turns Out, Ads On Hockey Jerseys Are Actually Bad

european hockey jerseys with ads
Won't be any different than how the NBA does it
news-15959871748706.jpg

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Won't be any different than how the NBA does it
news-15959871748706.jpg

will see what happens in time, the NBA started in 2017-2018 and they only have one besides the nike swoosh LOL...so that is good...thus far...

Rakutan pays the Golden State warriors 20 Million for three years...

the NBA likely has an easier time keeping it to one given the amount of jersey space is significantly less than hockey uniforms...All they have is a muscle shirt, shorts (not including shoes and I don't think they would ever go there)

the NHL on the other hand has full shirts, hockey pants, hockey socks which is much, much more advertising space.

does anyone know if the Adds are going to be on Jerseys sold to fans? Sure hope not cause if they do the NHL has lost a pretty good customer, I have about 60 NHL jerseys (about 15 national jerseys in addition

no way I am going to advertise for those companies

Last edited:

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Let's all debate which teams will get which companies. Since it's going to happen whether we like it or not, I hope the hawks at least get either a company I like or one that seems "fitting."

HawkeyLife07

Dec 23, 2010
Let's all debate which teams will get which companies. Since it's going to happen whether we like it or not, I hope the hawks at least get either a company I like or one that seems "fitting."

As a Canadian who’s never actually been, but knows of it from the local Chicago broadcasts, I hope it’s Binny’s Beverage Depot.

Reactions: Cowch

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Is there a big ass company that either has indirect or direct ties to Indigenous cultures?

That would be a great fit to ensure that our logo; IMO top 5 all time in all of NHL, NBA, NFL and MLB stayed the same.

Reactions: Cowch

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Ugly. Disappointing. But in 5 years we won’t even notice them and in 10 years some fans won’t know what it was like to see jerseys without ads.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Very opposed to this. Hopefully they at least never have the ads on the sweaters they sell, as that'd guarantee that I'd never buy an official jersey again. I'm already not getting another MLB jersey because I dislike the Nike logo on the front.

Seriously. Sports fans should be able to buy a jersey without also buying a blatant advertisement for some major corporations and businesses.

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
I would only be okay with advertisements on jerseys if the oilers have a McDonald's logo or coca cola...or both...
It's best to add a Versace logo as well.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If it either limits or kills the commercial breaks, let there be ads on NHL jerseys.
It would be time, to be honest.

Now wouldn't it be enjoyable to watch a hockey game commercial brake free or what...

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
How will the sport ever recover

61FBeeJ-TUL.jpg
There's a pretty unique thing with soccer where there are NO commercial breaks during game play. You do have some during halftime and before matches, but there are never ad breaks during the 45 minute halves. The shirt sponsors are somewhat more understandable in that context.

With the NHL, we already have tons of ad breaks during matches.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
If it either limits or kills the commercial breaks, let there be ads on NHL jerseys.
It would be time, to be honest.

Now wouldn't it be enjoyable to watch a hockey game commercial brake free or what...

Commercial breaks aren’t even that bad in hockey. Plus they utilize the time to clear the ice surface.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they start doing the split screen commercials in between whistles. The game on one side and a commercial on the other if you don’t know what I’m talking about. They do this a lot in golf broadcasts.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad