Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
9F16FD64-FD02-4CC4-B4CD-D51328F0384C.jpeg

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Is there a limit on the number of patches? I hope so. That size is just slightly larger than a standard business card, should be fairly unobtrusive.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
League is hurting for $$$ from Covid still. It was only a matter of time, sadly.

Not enough attention is paid to this fact. Owners absolutely got hammered without gate revenue.
The risk / benefit of “do unpopular thing that makes money for the league” calculation is going to be heavily tiled toward the money side now

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Not enough attention is paid to this fact. Owners absolutely got hammered without gate revenue.
The risk / benefit of “do unpopular thing that makes money for the league” calculation is going to be heavily tiled toward the money side now
Bring back fighting. That will help with ratings.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
It starts with a small patch, but anyone think it’s still going to be only that in 5-10-15 years? It will incrementally get worse. I hate this.

Reactions: featherhawk

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Yep and it’s not like anyone is going to use this as a reason to stop following the NHL.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Hopefully, Bettman is smart enough to not let it get out of hand.
I cringe when I try to watch a Spengler Cup game.

It’s always going to be a potential additional revenue, so I doubt it will ever stop, even if it happens real slowly.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Wait until they do movie tie-in jerseys or other one-off licensing event nights. Star Wars night or Rick & Morty jerseys like the ECHL teams do.

Reactions: Drumman44

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
That’s when they will add another one.

Yep.

And eventually they'll be covered.

And it will be just like watching soccer, international hockey, F1 (cars and drivers alike), etc.

I can't get upset about the sanctity of one corporate logo (the hockey team's logo) being tainted by other corporate logos.

Nobody is forcing anybody to put the ad patches on the sweaters they buy for themselves. Keep them as clean as you like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad