Admiral Vladivostok logo and jersey poll

moosefoot

Jul 29, 2013
Those amateur logos are the worst. A shield with a star, an anchor, a helm, a tiger and a year of foundation? It is so overloaded it's ridiculous. You couldn't have possibly thought that someone would actually choose it as a logo.

I agree to a certain extent, the orange anchor logotype is a tad overdone and it should really be simplified. I think it can be done, give me a few minutes in photoshop.

What I like about it is that those colors are perfect - black, white, grey and orange. Looks fresh and unique. What about the anchor logotype in the OP (2nd from the top), but in these new colors? Please, no more blue!

ult

Sep 21, 2009
There are not many teams in KHL with colors like in the second submission. Neftekhimik colors are somewhat close, if you mix 'em with Slovan's dark blue. Still, it's pretty logical choice. Black/white one resembles Admiral's uniform, sea color is pretty obvious. They shouldn't chase uniqueness if it doesn't fit them.

As for orange, well, if/when Sibir changes their colors to orange, some people will start to complain that there are too many teams with orange already. And if any team should wear orange, it should be Sibir.

5yxTcOUWco8.jpg

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
There are not many teams in KHL with colors like in the second submission. Neftekhimik colors are somewhat close, if you mix 'em with Slovan's dark blue. Still, it's pretty logical choice. Black/white one resembles Admiral's uniform, sea color is pretty obvious. They shouldn't chase uniqueness if it doesn't fit them.

As for orange, well, if/when Sibir changes their colors to orange, some people will start to complain that there are too many teams with orange already. And if any team should wear orange, it should be Sibir.

I can't really think of anything about Siberia that screams orange to me. Those MHL guys resemble Irn Bru bottles if anything. That would be a terrible idea to go with.

Navy colors are black/gold, not black/white btw.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
I can't really think of anything about Siberia that screams orange to me. Those MHL guys resemble Irn Bru bottles if anything. That would be a terrible idea to go with.

Navy colors are black/gold, not black/white btw.

Ehm, if I were to name two colors to describe the navy uniforms, it would be black and white.

78_letnyaya_voennaya_forma_odezhdy_forma_3.jpg
80_letnyaya_voennaya_forma_odezhdy_forma_1.jpg
81_letnyaya_voennaya_forma_odezhdy_forma_2.jpg

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Ehm, if I were to name two colors to describe the navy uniforms, it would be black and white.
You haven't seen many naval officers then.

dep_13621018-Shoulder-straps-and-stripes-with-signs-of-distinction-of-the-Navy-of-the-Ru.jpg

White caps are summer caps. White shirts are parade shirts, they usually wear creame ones. Even the summer outfits you posted are actually light creame. The Russian Navy is naturally black (and gold), the white coats (that aren't even white in Russia) you see in the Hollywood movies can be used here for only three months in a year due to the climate, they're obliged to switch colors when the average temperature gets lower than +20.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
What are you arguing with? Gold is not a primary color for naval uniforms. White and black are. I know that insignia are of gold color. What are you suggesting? To add gold insignia, ribbons and badges to Admiral's jerseys? I'm afraid it will look a little bit tacky.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
What are you arguing with? Gold is not a primary color for naval uniforms. White and black are. I know that insignia are of gold color. What are you suggesting? To add gold insignia, ribbons and badges to Admiral's jerseys? I'm afraid it will look a little bit tacky.

Tbh, white is the second primary logo is for every hockey team. Except for Atlant and Kuznya who have colored away jerseys. You see, they don't sport black/white, it's black/gold or white/gold. The elements designed after the (gold) navy insignia are already on the jerseys and they're white. That's my point.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Tbh, white is the second primary logo is for every hockey team. Except for Atlant and Kuznya who have colored away jerseys. You see, they don't sport black/white, it's black/gold or white/gold. The elements designed after the (gold) navy insignia are already on the jerseys and they're white. That's my point.

Well, and I think that choosing gold as one of your primary colors is a bad taste, especially when you are a new team and haven't won anything.

The voting is back btw - http://miklushevskiy.ru/hockey-logo/

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia

They actually don't live in Siberia, Russians are pretty specific about that term which doesn't include the Far East. Still it would be cool to see an orange uniform from Amur when they dare to create an identity for their club, those tigers are generally referred to exactly as the Amur Tigers in Russian.

Good choice by Admiral, btw. I hope they continue to entertain people with their dumb decisions throughout the season.

robotco

Jul 22, 2010
Busan
www.robotco.ca
awesome choice. i'm going to start following KHL this year, so i was pretty hyped to learn of a new team in vladivostok, which is relatively close to me. go admirals!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad