Prospect Info: Adirondack Phantoms and more (Apr 4. Charges against Nick Cousins are dropped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Actually, he's not "innocent", the charges were just dropped because the evidence against them wasn't enough to get a conviction. Doesn't really say anything as to his innocence or guilt, simply says that his guilt couldn't be proven.

As far as whether or not he should be given a hard time going forward, I'm conflicted; probably because I've seen the justice system fail time and time again. If someone walks on a technicality, should they be let off free and clear by the media and the public? What about someone like Casey Anthony? It's a complex question. In the case of your friend (or any other where the victim comes forward and admits it was a lie) then that's significantly different than a case where the victim still claims something happened but there's not enough physical or circumstantial evidence to prove it.

Sorry but I thought you were "innocent" till found guilty?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Cousins is 19. There are other 19 yr olds playing with ATO's and such for teams better than the Phantoms. Seriously, Homer really does have to step in. For a team that has no chance for playoffs, let the kid play.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Stolarz was fantastic in the opening game against Kitchener. He stopped 29 of 30 and came up big several times. So far in the playoffs, he's 5-0 with a 1.46GAA and .950 save percentage. Looking forward to seeing how far he can help London proceed.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Cousins is 19. There are other 19 yr olds playing with ATO's and such for teams better than the Phantoms. Seriously, Homer really does have to step in. For a team that has no chance for playoffs, let the kid play.

Maybe they just wanted to let him watch a game and practice with the team before they put him in. I hope they didn't bring him in to sit him, but even if they did, it's still a good learning experience.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
No, actually you didn't. What you did was:
a) State quite clearly your opinion that

b) Inaccurately state that When in actuality, **** charges are statistically more likely to be thrown out when a female judge is presiding.

c) Again incorrectly imply that the judge didn't want to hear the girl's story. The judge already knew her story. The fact of the matter is, much like in America, when you have a he said-she said case with little / no physical evidence and no witnesses to corroborate the victim's story, it is often thrown out because there's no chance of obtaining a conviction, or any conviction that is obtained would later be thrown out by an appellate court because the conviction was based on the emotional response of the jury to the victim and not on careful consideration of the evidence.

The case was dismissed because it was unlikely to obtain a conviction, not because the victim had a change of heart and recanted her story, not because some magical evidence exonerating Cousins came forward, but because there was no evidence proving what happened wasn't consensual other than the girl's word.

Your statements in this thread are made in haste and make it appear that you're willing to throw a potential victim under the bus to protect the good name of Nick Cousins because he's a prospect for our NHL team. You're implied several times that the victim was/is lying and I think you should just step back for a second and re-evaluate your position or how you're communicating your position

I think we can all (hopefully) agree that if he did do something wrong, it's a shame he's getting off without being punished.

Given the fact that none of us know what really happened, I think we can all also be happy that Nick Cousins has a chance to play for our team rather than rotting in jail.

And I think we can all agree that based on what we know (or don't know) he deserves to be treated fairly going forward and not have this brought up over and over and over.

With that being said, there's no reason whatsoever to even bring "what ifs" involving a victim being a liar / throwing the victim under the bus into this thread or any other discussion involving Cousins. Period, the end. There's no need for your comments involving the victim.

And with that said, I'm done talking about the Cousins case.

Getting back on topic: Way to go Flanagan and I hope Laughton doesn't get suspended.

I never once mentioned the victim lied, or suggested it... other than to say there may have been regret. It looks like the judge had the same opinion. I honestly dont care either way. You seem to be taking this way too personal. For me its hard to get fully on or off the Cousins bandwagon without wondering a bit what happened. That appears to be way too much to handle for some here. Like i said..Dont care. I was just bringing up possibilities. Not condemning a victim.

Last edited:

jb**

any news if they are signing sullentroup? iguess it doesnt look good. hopefully they let mushhead bourdon go and some of the other slop they have on the farm and start fresh.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Yeah like the afore mentioned Cousins being scratched on an awful team. :help:

Maybe it's a good idea to keep him away from that mess of a team in Adirondack. Let him collectively take a bit of a breather and then come into camp next year ready to challenge and lead the Phantoms club. Having Cousins come in right now might be a detriment. He's played a lot of hockey plus he's had the court issue looming over his head, it's very possible that he might be running on empty. Let him be around the club, let him soak up the atmosphere and then go home for the summer and train is probably the best way to go.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Stolarz was fantastic in the opening game against Kitchener. He stopped 29 of 30 and came up big several times. So far in the playoffs, he's 5-0 with a 1.46GAA and .950 save percentage. Looking forward to seeing how far he can help London proceed.

Good to hear. I'm excited.

With his natural athleticism, size, hockey smarts, and dedication he will be a beast. This is a damn good find by the flyers scouting staff. He has all the tools to be a elite level NHL goalie.

hockeyphan25

Aug 28, 2005
Ahh Terry Murray working his magic already with Cousins. :cry:

i forget were i read it but beleive cousins tweated that he was on his way to adirondack and then when murray was asked about it, he said that's the first time he heard cousins name on a month or so, it sounded like he took exception to cousins assuming he'd be on the team. murray is an ass and ibelieve he's the blame for the regression of many phantoms players, they all seem to be fine when with the big club. i still cant beleive wellwood is down there in murrays hell hole.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Taylor Leier picked up an assist in tonight's 3-0 win for Portland. Portland leads the series 2-0.

Leier's got 3 goals and 4 assists through 8 playoff games so far.

Clown Baby*

well for one, not really to blame Murray, but his game is nothing like Lavi's, hard to get a guy ready for the NHL when you're asking them to differant things than the next coach
That really doesn't explain why Murray's teams have gone in the ******* in each of his last two seasons, when Patterson did just fine with the exact same crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad