Prospect Info: Adirondack Phantoms and more (Apr 4. Charges against Nick Cousins are dropped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
That really doesn't explain why Murray's teams have gone in the ******* in each of his last two seasons, when Patterson did just fine with the exact same crew.

This is Murray's first year with the Phantoms and Patterson never got the team to the playoffs, so I am not sure why everyone thinks he did such a great job. The problem with the Phantoms is that there is no talent there.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
This is Murray's first year with the Phantoms and Patterson never got the team to the playoffs, so I am not sure why everyone thinks he did such a great job. The problem with the Phantoms is that there is no talent there.

Patterson also never had players like Schenn and Couturier on his team for a quarter of the season. Patterson had LESS talent and got closer to playoffs every season. Murray has done a horrible job down there. Glad to see his "defensive" system is really working.

jb**

Patterson also never had players like Schenn and Couturier on his team for a quarter of the season. Patterson had LESS talent and got closer to playoffs every season. Murray has done a horrible job down there. Glad to see his "defensive" system is really working.

that team is devoid of talent all throughout the lineup. scotty bowman couldnt make that team go. they have pretty much nothing. my bad they have wellwood lol. maybe or maybe not coaching is an issue but they have a very weak roster.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
that team is devoid of talent all throughout the lineup. scotty bowman couldnt make that team go. they have pretty much nothing. my bad they have wellwood lol. maybe or maybe not coaching is an issue but they have a very weak roster.

One has to remember that this is the AHL. Other then a few AHL allstars, most teams dont have strong teams. Like the WB/S Penguins or CT Whalers, or even teams that are out of it but closer like the Albany Devils.

These teams arent stacked with players like some seem to think. Last season ADK barely missed playoffs with 5 points (They went 37-35-2). This season they are the 2nd worse team in the league. Alot with Murray being with the team is that he has been here before so they gave him a job. Patterson did a better job with pretty much the exact same players and missing Schenn & Couturier for 30 games.

jb**

One has to remember that this is the AHL. Other then a few AHL allstars, most teams dont have strong teams. Like the WB/S Penguins or CT Whalers, or even teams that are out of it but closer like the Albany Devils.

These teams arent stacked with players like some seem to think. Last season ADK barely missed playoffs with 5 points (They went 37-35-2). This season they are the 2nd worse team in the league. Alot with Murray being with the team is that he has been here before so they gave him a job. Patterson did a better job with pretty much the exact same players and missing Schenn & Couturier for 30 games.

all that being sad this team is devoid of talent. they have marginal ahl guys. no doubt they gave hima job becuase of past ties. sometimes you cant look at the results in standings but is the defensive play of players getting better? i myself am not sure as havent seen as many games htis year as in the past.

they have how many legit nhl prospects on that team and even including guys called up.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
all that being sad this team is devoid of talent. they have marginal ahl guys. no doubt they gave hima job becuase of past ties. sometimes you cant look at the results in standings but is the defensive play of players getting better? i myself am not sure as havent seen as many games htis year as in the past.

they have how many legit nhl prospects on that team and even including guys called up.

But how many do these other teams have also? Like seriously, take a look at these other teams. They have ECHL guys on their roster also. These other teams maybe have 1 guy who can play in the NHL (at like a top 9 role) and a few call-up guys...just like ADK. Maybe not at the moment with all the call-up guys called up, but these other farm teams arent swarmed with callup players like people think.

hockeyphan25

Aug 28, 2005

exactly, and you would expect the team to get better with another year of experience.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
But how many do these other teams have also? Like seriously, take a look at these other teams. They have ECHL guys on their roster also. These other teams maybe have 1 guy who can play in the NHL (at like a top 9 role) and a few call-up guys...just like ADK. Maybe not at the moment with all the call-up guys called up, but these other farm teams arent swarmed with callup players like people think.

This board has one of the worst "grass is greener on the other side" complexes I've ever seen lol.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I haven't watched a Phantoms game since the lockout ended, but when I did it was some of the worst hockey I've seen from a professional team. I'm not even talking about structure. They just don't have much skill. I vividly remember watching a game against Manchester and they were toying with the Phantoms. Their talent level was just a cut above.

I understand it's AHL hockey for a reason, but other teams roll out draft picks. The Phantoms roll out UDFA's.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
phantoms lost 5-4 in a SO last night to Rochester. Nobels scored his 12th of the yr. Other notables were Akeson and Wellwood who each added an assist. The only phantom with a multi-point game was Jon Sim who had 2 goals and an assist.

Taylor Leier picked up an assist in tonight's 3-0 win for Portland. Portland leads the series 2-0.

Leier's got 3 goals and 4 assists through 8 playoff games so far.

I can't really figure him out. he made drastic improvements in his offensive game this past season, which is great but he's on a really stacked team (who i think is gonna win it all). he's still 19 so i imagine he'll be going back to juniors next yr and he'll finish a 20yo. in that case he should really dominate if he's ever gonna turn into a solid pro so i guess we'll just wait and see.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
I haven't watched a Phantoms game since the lockout ended, but when I did it was some of the worst hockey I've seen from a professional team. I'm not even talking about structure. They just don't have much skill. I vividly remember watching a game against Manchester and they were toying with the Phantoms. Their talent level was just a cut above.

I understand it's AHL hockey for a reason, but other teams roll out draft picks. The Phantoms roll out UDFA's.

Well they're 5-3-1 in their last 10, so there appears to have been some upgrade in their play. If McGinn had stayed there all year, its possible they would be near .500 right now.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can't really figure him out. he made drastic improvements in his offensive game this past season, which is great but he's on a really stacked team (who i think is gonna win it all). he's still 19 so i imagine he'll be going back to juniors next yr and he'll finish a 20yo. in that case he should really dominate if he's ever gonna turn into a solid pro so i guess we'll just wait and see.

Like you alluded to he's playing on a very stacked team. He was nearly a PPG guy this playing with Oliver Bjorkstrand and Chase De Leo both of them should be going somewhere in the first 2 rounds for their draft years. All three of those guys along with Nicolas Petan should be the main guys for Portland next year with Jones, Rattie, Pouliot, and Leipsic leaving after this year. So we should be able to get a better read on him next year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Stolarz picked up his first career playoff shutout in a 2-0 win today. He stopped 34 shots. London now leads the series 2-0.

Important to note Stolarz is out-dualing John Gibson so far this series. Gibson was a stud for USA during the WJC's and is one of the top goalies in the OHL.

Last edited:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Supposedly Stolarz made a highlight reel save on the PK. Glove save, full extension.

Some Rangers fans were saying the puck was in because his glove was partly inside the goal post, but it wasn't reviewed.

Should make youtube.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Supposedly Stolarz made a highlight reel save on the PK. Glove save, full extension.

Some Rangers fans were saying the puck was in because his glove was partly inside the goal post, but it wasn't reviewed.

Should make youtube.

They put highlights up on the OHL website but they've been slow with putting them up. They don't even have the highlights from the first game up yet. Which is weird because the usually update things on their website pretty quickly.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Stolarz picked up his first career playoff shutout in a 2-0 win today. He stopped 34 shots. London now leads the series 2-0.

Important to note Stolarz is out-dualing John Gibson so far this series. Gibson was a stud for USA during the WJC's and is one of the top goalies in the OHL.

Should make youtube.

Anthony Stolarz has been the 1st star in both games agianst John Gibson .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad