Friedman: Adin Hill likely re-signs with VGK - around 2 years @ 4.9 M AAV

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Interesting that they avoided the "Full Binnington" by keeping it to 2 years. Not that Vegas have seemed to have much trouble making players disappear when they're no longer useful anyway...but this definitely protects them from ending up on the hook for a long-term liability if the playoff run was just a flash in the pan.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
As long as Vegas keeps on playing like they did during most of the regular season and the playoffs, Hill should be fine.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Here's the thing I don't understand: if you win with cheap goaltending and realize you don't need to spend significant money on goalies to win, why do you then immediately pay the cheap goalie you won with?

I don't remember the last time a team won with a cheap goalie, re-signed the cheap goalie to a sizable raise and the cheap goalie actually was a successful starter in the long run. It's probably Niemi because Murray and Binnington have mostly been flops.
Dumb GM making the same mistakes. Lehner overpaid $5 million per year and he is now LTIR and possible contract termination. Hill will be no different. Lehner was never a true #1 and neither is Hill. Watch Thompson get back the #1 job and McCrimmon will look really stupid with the Hill contract, when Hill regresses back to the type of goalie he really is during the regular season.

• Haha
Reactions: RapidKnight

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
As long as Vegas keeps on playing like they did during most of the regular season and the playoffs, Hill should be fine.
That is not how you should be paying a goalie, even if they won a Cup! Hill is still unproven during the regular season for the potential to be a #1 goalie.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Interesting that they avoided the "Full Binnington" by keeping it to 2 years. Not that Vegas have seemed to have much trouble making players disappear when they're no longer useful anyway...but this definitely protects them from ending up on the hook for a long-term liability if the playoff run was just a flash in the pan.
Blues actually signed binnington to 2 years after the cup. We just then after 1 average season with poor playoffs and then a couple months into the next season with average play handed out the big extension.

Reactions: gab6511

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
Lol to the terrible deal folks. He got a thank you from the organization. It's that simple. He's set for life now. Term is perfect. Money doesn't affect them because with Logan as his partner they have a tandem for 6 million. That's solid as

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Well Vegas if anything just paid him for what he did in winning them their first Cup. It’s only 2 years so hardly a crippling deal if the playoff performance was a pure outlier.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I'm happy for Hill cashing in on a Stanley Cup run, but he's a 1B or just a backup in my eyes and not worth a penny over 2.5M. Hill wasn't even their guy when Broissoit was the other option..I mean christ could it be any more obvious this was a well timed hot streak in a well known volatile position like goaltending?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad