Adidas Jersey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I don't mind most of them. The city of Edmonton, though, should revolt against their new look.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
quick reactions

Senators, Sabres, Capitals, Ducks, and Flames all missed a chance to go back to a far superior uniform from their past.

The Hurricanes and Avalanche, on the other hand, seized the opportunity.

Flyers sleeve stripes look blockier, not a positive development. (Same blockiness applies to remaining reebok templates, but in those cases, it's merely a different type of ugly)

I like the new Wild jersey and the Golden Knights sweater.

Lingering design problems from the reebok era:

Kings - please choose either the Blue Jackets stripes or the sleeve stripe, both together look cluttered.

Canucks - The alts with the original logo looked much better. They should've changed the logo to that and put it on both jerseys.

Final notes:

Jets - Not a big fan of the "new Jets" identity. The more they look like, well, the Jets (more red, maybe a logo closer to the old one), the better.

Oilers - Not crazy about Orange as the home jersey. It's a nice alt, but there's a reason they switched to blue early in the franchise's history.

Devils - Have they hired anyone who was in the Cleveland Browns marketing department a couple of years ago? If so, maybe they'll jump to the Chicago Bulls and ruin those jerseys.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
The Kansas City Scouts, California Seals, Colorado Rockies, Cleveland Barons, and pretty much every team in the WHA had far nicer jerseys than this crap. There hasn't been a jersey or logo introduced since the Sharks joined the league that actually didn't need an immediate overhaul. Design firms, focus groups, and pandering to 10 year olds with jobs has ruined the look of hockey. I'm surprised we don't have 31 cartoon dogs for logos.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Why is everyone freaking out? I think most look nice, although few even have changes. Vegas looks like a parrot but it's okay.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The Kansas City Scouts, California Seals, Colorado Rockies, Cleveland Barons, and pretty much every team in the WHA had far nicer jerseys than this crap. There hasn't been a jersey or logo introduced since the Sharks joined the league that actually didn't need an immediate overhaul. Design firms, focus groups, and pandering to 10 year olds with jobs has ruined the look of hockey. I'm surprised we don't have 31 cartoon dogs for logos.

That's just you. You seem to be a traditionalist. While I get it, I don't agree, nor do I think many people do. We need jerseys that reflect the teams. What looks wacky and modern to you today might look old and traditional 50 years from now.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
That's just you. You seem to be a traditionalist. While I get it, I don't agree, nor do I think many people do. We need jerseys that reflect the teams. What looks wacky and modern to you today might look old and traditional 50 years from now.

Some just look like **** regardless of the time.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Why is everyone freaking out? I think most look nice, although few even have changes. Vegas looks like a parrot but it's okay.

Most look exactly the same with a few minor tweaks. But I think the "freak out" is over the ones that took a big hit. Like the Devils and Preds. Poor fans :( And poor Taylor Hall. Still on a bottom team with now a bottom jersey. lol Dude can't catch a break.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I'm a Devils fan and tonight is a real kick in the [MOD].

Maybe only Nashville is worse...maybe...

I hope Devils fans can be as vocal as we were when they took away RR2 as the goal song.

I think Devils fans will be quite vocal about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad