Adidas Jersey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Lol, officially not unveiled for another hour + but they're already out there.

That's what happens when you don't know how to schedule things properly.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Devils and Preds far and away losers of this based on that picture.

Oilers - definite downgrade on what we have now (which was a downgrade from the royal blue and orange) but based on that fugly 'leaked' jersey with the god awful white french maid collar, I'm calling this a success :laugh:

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
That's just you. You seem to be a traditionalist. While I get it, I don't agree, nor do I think many people do. We need jerseys that reflect the teams. What looks wacky and modern to you today might look old and traditional 50 years from now.

I realize "ugly" is subjective, but the Knights jerseys are hideous. Any of these teams that were around in 1970 had waaaaay better jerseys that year than this year. History will not be kind to this garbage.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why is everyone crying about the Devils sweater? I don't get it?

It looks like the waist stripe is gone and everything else is unchanged. What am I missing?

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
I'm a Devils fan and tonight is a real kick in the balls.

Maybe only Nashville is worse...maybe...

I think Devils fans will be quite vocal about this.

I do not think we'll be seeing many Devils fans rushing into to defend ourselves as is sometimes necessary with the main board. Devils HF's reaction largely mirrors the one here (maybe a bit less overwhelmingly negative).

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
The Avs' jersey is a lot better than before. Wish the arm stripes were mountainous like they originally were, but no Reebok pipes is addition by subtraction and the bottom stripes are a good, classic addition.

I like the Wild's new home. Chest stripe and cream rather than white makes it an interesting combination.

I like Vegas' jersey. Gray as a primary color is unique, and the gold and red stripes add a nice touch.

As a Bs fan, I'm happy the Bruins were relatively untouched.

Poor NJ and Ottawa. You guys deserve better.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

It looks like the waist stripe is gone and everything else is unchanged. What am I missing?
The stripes are the same thickness now. Looks ridiculous. The black one used to be thicker than the white.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

The shoulder yolk is a lot narrower and the white stripes on the arms are 2x to 3x thicker than they use to be

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I realize "ugly" is subjective, but the Knights jerseys are hideous. Any of these teams that were around in 1970 had waaaaay better jerseys that year than this year. History will not be kind to this garbage.

Completely disagree. I quite like the Vegas ones. I believe the hem stripe could be better, but I really like the sleve design.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
They might as well just unveil the jerseys now instead of waiting another hour. @moomdesigns ruined their night.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Funny how they kept it under wraps for so long and then the floodgates open hours before the official unveiling

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Preds are bad but probably look better as a full outfit, Ottawa is completely lost. The comic centurion head just doesn't work.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Here's one in football.

BaBZnY3CUAEL5us.jpg

This originated when USC/UCLA used to both play home games in the Coliseum, so they'd both wear home jerseys against each other. It stopped when UCLA moved to the Rose Bowl. Pete Caroll / Rick Neuheisel brought it back as tradition a few years ago, and I think it's awesome.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Atlantic: Not much change from last year. Ottawa is still awful. Don't like Tampa either, too minimalistic. Florida logo is okay but the design could've been better. Others are fine.

Metropolitan: Columbus and Carolina are better than last year but nothing spectacular. NJ on the other hand is a disaster. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?! Never liked Caps jersey very much, rest are fine.

Central: Nashville is really bad, way too simplified. The sleeves really ruin it. Couple of stripes would've made it so much better. Nashville was the only team that made the piping look acceptable, definitely a big downgrade. Colorado is better than before. Minnesota kinda combined their main and alternate jersey. I think it looks pretty good. Others didn't really change and they are fine, although the Dallas logo continues to be just weird and the Winnipeg logo dumb.

Pacific: Vegas has been just an overall disaster. Was really looking to embrace that team but they completely butchered everything. The name, the design, the logo, the theme. Awful. The VANCOUVER text is still a dumb money grabbing gimmick, otherwise the jersey is good. Coyote ugly. I like the colors but the logo is just massive and the design is overall bad. Ducks really bad too. Don't mind the new orange in Oilers, looks good and unique. Calgary had one of the worst jerseys before so that's an upgrade. Still could've been much better with red and yellow. LA and Sharks are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->