Post-Game Talk: ADF Gm7: Canadiens win

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
According to Aaron Ward on TSN (who claims to have seen video or heard it or something - not sure how valid that claim is), Looch said to Weise "I'm gonna kill you next year."

If that's true, then shame on Looch. You don't say stuff like that in the handshake line. Also, shame on Weise if he complained about it to the media.

But really, the handshake line is where you sack up and act like an adult and a pro and good sport, win or lose. Win with grace, lose with grace. You don't have to give 'em flowers or even say anything to any specific player - just shake the hand and move on.

You're making Bobby Orr cry.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Lucic is starting to remind me more and more of a fake tough guy.

Lucic has some bad sportsmanship issues.

It's useful when he channels it into making big hits, but sometimes it comes out as dropping the gloves in response to a clean hit, or spearing.

And lately, he hasn't been "answering the bell". I've been suspecting that Claude has advised him not to after the Gazdic fight, because he seems too volatile to avoid fighting on his own accord.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
He is not a sore loser.. Wiese is the loser... as Coach explained Looch's post goal celebration is the same one he has used all year and it is a tribute to Boston Strong. It has nothing to do with disrespecting Montreal. They are all a bunch of babies and Wiese has a big mouth in the playoffs knowing there won't be a fight. I would beat the crap out of him next year if I were Looch.

Did you not notice the smug looks on his face all series and his mocking Looch... what an ass how can you say Looch is a sore loser with that attitude on the other side.

When you win you can say or do what you please. If you didn't want to hear it you should have played better and shut them up on the scoreboard. As far as I'm concerned the Habs can say whatever they want, they earned it. Winning with class is encouraged but not a requirement. They ripped this series from us and now we gotta listen to them. Call Weise a plug but that plug scored huge goals, drew key penalties and was a big part of this series.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
That picture isnt all Habs Fans, just an idiot being an idiot.

Same thing Habs fans at the beginning of the series knew well that the racist comments about Subban weren't of the entire Bruins fan base. Each fan base has their idiots and that just happens to be one of ours.

It is disrespectful too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
^
To follow up on this

One idiot on social media is not representation of entire fanbase just like social media idiots after game 1 weren't representation of B's fanbase

So don't take social media stuff and post it just to bash Montreal or Hab fans with sweeping generalizations

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
What did he say? I don't even feel like watching the hand shake line again. Shame on habs for even mentioning it lol. Stuff must be saidkke that all the time. Take the high rode and enjoy the win.

Exactly...what a bunch of pusses...just like the horrific water incident....shut the **** up and move on

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
...shame on Looch. You don't say stuff like that in the handshake line. Also, shame on Weise if he complained about it to the media.

I have no doubt that Looch said something equivalently stupid and deserves the disapproval.

Weise is a complete and utter tool. It surprises me not at all that he cried about that sort of thing to the media. Many of the Habs do the same thing. It amazes me how this Habs team is filled with players that are so easy to dislike - it's like they are some sort of cartoon villain team. Where are Scooby Doo and the Harlem Globetrotters to put them in their place?

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Thank you. This series shouldn't have even been close. Stop trading away all your young superstars. That's how you build dynasties. Ask the Hawks

We are honored to have an out of work GM give us advice. Thanks!

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
When you win you can say or do what you please. If you didn't want to hear it you should have played better and shut them up on the scoreboard. As far as I'm concerned the Habs can say whatever they want, they earned it. Winning with class is encouraged but not a requirement. They ripped this series from us and now we gotta listen to them. Call Weise a plug but that plug scored huge goals, drew key penalties and was a big part of this series.

Hockey is a game of emotion. There is such a thing as winning with class also. PK says we are going shut the crowd up and beat us that's fine. I don;t know nor does anyone know what Wiese was spewing all series. I did notice that he talks a lot like March. What kind of a man is he telling the media what Looch said in the line up? You can listen to them if you want people have a right to respond. They were the hungrier team this series and they played better this series but they are not a better team.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I lost a lot of respect for Lucic tonight after that.

You lost. Suck it up. Wasn't he taught growing up to be a good winner and good loser?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Such disappointment in this team. It is what it is, a choke. I'm embarrassed by their lack of desire to win aside from a few. Just a small part too, but I oh so glad Chiarelli traded for Meszaros and not Vanek for free. And that Julien played Bartkowski, who looked like **** all series long, over said Meszaros.

Time to take a break. Bruins -- the roller coaster of emotion, always has been, always will be.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org

Your right. We were outplayed and in the last 2 games they just wanted it more.. I do think that are D was overwhelmed. Bart & Miller. And some of our forwards were outright horrendous! We got whipped period.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Such disappointment in this team. It is what it is, a choke. I'm embarrassed by their lack of desire to win aside from a few. Just a small part too, but I oh so glad Chiarelli traded for Meszaros and not Vanek for free. And that Julien played Bartkowski, who looked like **** all series long, over said Meszaros.

Time to take a break. Bruins -- the roller coaster of emotion, always has been, always will be.

And I have no complaints on coach Julien either.. I'm not sure why Mesz wasn't playing ahead of Bart tho..

BostonCreamPaille

Apr 8, 2014
Lowell, Ma
I lost a lot of respect for Lucic tonight after that.

You lost. Suck it up. Wasn't he taught growing up to be a good winner and good loser?

I agree with you, While I bet it was a heat of the moment thing and he just did it out of spite not realizing it and being rational, he would have been better off keeping it to himself and showing it in his actions next season.

acr*

I didn't think Paille played with the same drive and intensity that he did last year.
The big problem is that for some reason, perhaps nostalgia's sake, Clode won't break up the Merlot line even though Paille is much better than a 4th line player and Thornton is cooked. Only Campbell really should be there.

If the bottom six looked like Paille-Yeti-Loui / Florek-Campbell-Fraser, I think we're still playing.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Am I the only one who thought that Lucic's emotion in the handshake was the only positive thing tonight?

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
^
To follow up on this

One idiot on social media is not representation of entire fanbase just like social media idiots after game 1 weren't representation of B's fanbase

So don't take social media stuff and post it just to bash Montreal or Hab fans with sweeping generalizations

Funny how it works, Boston fans tweet stuff and becomes national news. Habs fans it becomes hush hush even though it wasn't just social media it was done in plain public view. The double standard is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad