Speculation: Adding a top 6 C, who moves to the wing? (Danault/Galchenyuk)

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Dreger said that the habs could move Galchenyuk to the wing if they acquired a center. I dont think he said thats what the habs wanted to do. It was his own opinion i think.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He choose LW... He choose to not play center... He choose the wing he never played on when he played C and RW in junior...

The coach choose him to play LW because the Habs have an abundance of RW year after year, but no LW.

Get a grip...

My god... He played what? 33 games at best on the RW in the junior ? Where he was clearly the best player on the ice and just skating circles around everyone!

Even if it's the coach who decided that he will play LW , what difference does this makes now?

He's a LW/Center ffs! They made out of him a LW , ok? If this makes you feel better.

The point is that if he gets moved to the wing it's going to be the left wing.

Belial believes everything the coach and management does is the best thing for the team. If other circumstances were better, he believes they would do it. Unfortunately he doesn't realize they don't have a crystal ball and that common sense has never been a strong suit of the coach.

Can you believe it? I actually think those guys are trying to win and be successful and not screw and sabotage everything ...

Apr 28, 2010
I'd love to participate but the thing is, deep down inside, we all know DD will be there come playoff time.

sigh

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
The only big top-two ine center that might become available soon is Jason Spezza. He has still 2 more years at 7,5, which is quite stiff, but if you can send back Plekanec in return + something else, that would be fine. Oduya could also be a good addition on D. patrick Eaves could also be a solution on RW. he has already 19 goals this season, is cheap and will be UFA next July.
Spazz ain't coming to Canada.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Or make their life difficult this off-season while being an RFA. Granted, he doesn't hold much power because he doesn't have arbitration rights, but he can still make it difficult for the organization.

News Flash: Alex Galchenyuk indeed has arbitration rights this year.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
So, Add a top6 C ( say Little or Duchene ) , we have to move Plek or DD for Cap so it solves itself.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulove = An amazing first line, all 3 guys have the potentiel for 65-70pys and higher. All three guys are also Big and hard to move around.

Byron - Little/Duchene - Gallagher = Gallagher even in his slump is still a 40-45 pts, but he is doing way more than that on the ice, Little-Duchene can put up 55-60 and higher and brings offense on the second PP unit, Byron is great and doing good, but can he keep it up? He's not scoring so much anymore

Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw = Still a great 3rd line, Danault is doing such an amazing job, could become a good 2nd C if he still develop. Lehkonen is doing very well even tho he doesnt stack points. Shaw is a meh since he came back, but we all know he can bring it.

Mitchell - Plekanec/Desharnais - Flynn/Andrighetto = Even tho this line is small as ****, it has either great defensive and forechecking guys or offensive guys. For me Andrighetto is doing good lately, but Flynn is playing a good defensive game and will put around 20pts at the end of the season and it's great for a 13-14th foward. The center would be the one that has not been traded. Of course, there's good ol' Mitchell.

I would love that.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
They were producing early in the season...no? Maybe it was Chucky and Rads and who? Chucky was a ppg guy before he got injured.

It was Byron-Chucky-Rads.

But Pacioretty-Galchenyuk were PPG when put together for the last 20 games last season. It might not be the same synergy as with Radulov, but they're still okay on the same line in my opinion.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
To me we're not just looking for a top 6 C but also a top 6 winger

Lets dream and say

Patches Duchesne Radulov
XXXX Galchenyuk Gallagher

Becomes a pretty formidable top 6 particularly if you've got Pleks/Danault as the 3 C.

Good problems to have ...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I like PAC-danault-rads
Galchenyuk-Duchene-Gallagher

Wow balance

On Pp you put PAC Galchenyuk rad

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Plekanec will likely be involved in any deal for a top 6 C for cap reasons. Would be foolish to move either to LW as they are the best hopes at longterm NHL C. However it's clear by how long they took to put him at C that management doesn't see Galchenyuk as one.

1. Top 6 C
2. Galchenyuk
3. Danault

Pacioretty more effective being sheltered so going 3 lines is best.

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
What makes you say this? They produce really well together.

Pacioretty changes his game when he plays with Galchenyuk, hes not as efficient as when he plays with Radulov. I'd keep that duo together, i'd put Galchenyuk with Gallagher but they need a better winger than Byron.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
To me we're not just looking for a top 6 C but also a top 6 winger

Lets dream and say

Patches Duchesne Radulov
XXXX Galchenyuk Gallagher

Becomes a pretty formidable top 6 particularly if you've got Pleks/Danault as the 3 C.

Good problems to have ...

We get sharp or vanek as a rental. that would be a nasty top 6

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Voted other: keep both at centre and trade Plekanec.

Galchenyuk
X
Danault
Mitchell/McCarron

That would be ideal depth for this season and going forward.

xshaanx

Apr 18, 2016
Pacioretty - duchene - gallagher
danault -galchenyuk - radulov
lehkonen - plekanec - shaw
byron - mitchell - flynn

Byron mitchell and flynn had a ton of success at the start of the season until injuries and therrien lol. I would consider that 2 3rd lines rather than a fourth line. Although i doubt they land duchene anyways.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If Habs Acquire Duchene (Pleky is the cap dump)

1. Pacthes-Duchene-Gally

2.*Rental (sharp/vanek)/Gamble on Yakpov - Chucky - Tickles

3. Baby-faced assassin - Danault - Shaw

4. Byron - Mitchel - Flynn

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If Habs Acquire Duchene (Pleky is the cap dump)

1. Pacthes-Duchene-Gally

2.*Rental (sharp/vanek) - Chucky - Tickles

3. Baby-faced assassin - Danault - Shaw

4. Byron - Mitchel - Flynn

No team wants that salary, unless they're sending an undesirable player/salary back.

Duchene doesn't fit the category of undesirable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad