Player Discussion: Adam Pelech

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Remember what that moronic Philly fan said that none of the Isles D could hold a candle to Provorov and the Flyers D during the bubble series?

Good times. Suck it.
I try not to take anything they say too seriously...

how many times have they drafted the next future Veznia winner now? seems like every year they are touting some young stud who then proceeds to fail in spectacular fashion

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I remember when Pelech was drafted some guy on the NHL Network went off on, I'll call it a tirade, that Pelech lasted until the 3rd round and what a steal the Isles got. I can't remember who it was, and I'd love if someone could somehow find it, because my recollection is that he guaranteed Pelech would become a really good NHLer.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
I remember when Pelech was drafted some guy on the NHL Network went off on, I'll call it a tirade, that Pelech lasted until the 3rd round and what a steal the Isles got. I can't remember who it was, and I'd love if someone could somehow find it, because my recollection is that he guaranteed Pelech would become a really good NHLer.

They're doing an interview with someone else when Pelech is picked so I don't know if they talk about him sometime later or was it like a post draft discussion? Have a look if you want to.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

They're doing an interview with someone else when Pelech is picked so I don't know if they talk about him sometime later or was it like a post draft discussion? Have a look if you want to.

Thanks for posting that, but that wasn't it. It was an in-studio thing, maybe the day after the draft on NHL Tonight? One host, and an analyst sitting in the other chair. He loved Pelech and predicted great things for him.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Not surprising. I remember before that draft hoping we'd trade up from our 3rd rounder to get him, because most rankings had him pegged to go around 45-55. I didn't really have a lot to go off of for wanting him, he just reminded me of a Hamonic type of pick. Nowadays I am thrilled it turned out even better than I had hoped. Then again, who knows what Hamonic could've been like had he played more of his career under Trotz.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I am hoping Pelech starts getting props from fans around the league.
He is very underrated.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Knowing what Pelech has developed into now, would you have drafted him in Griffin Reinhart’s spot?

Pelech is essentially exactly what Reinhart was expected to become.

I mean, I would have been thrilled had Reinhart turned into what Pelech is now, so yeah I would think he'd warrant being picked that high in a redraft type. Overall though I'm happy that we were able to trade Griff for Barz and Beau while still walking away from that 2012 draft with our #1 shut-down defenseman. That's about as good as it gets.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I mean, I would have been thrilled had Reinhart turned into what Pelech is now, so yeah I would think he'd warrant being picked that high in a redraft type. Overall though I'm happy that we were able to trade Griff for Barz and Beau while still walking away from that 2012 draft with our #1 shut-down defenseman. That's about as good as it gets.

Agree 1000%.

I just meant it more as Pelech’s game is superior enough that I absolutely think he is on par with more commonly selected defensemen in that spot.

In other words, I still take Pelech over Reilly from TML or the Cam Fowlers (different draft, I know) etc.

Also tangentially to another point, people need to stop being so obsessed with lottery picks. Yes, statistically speaking higher picks are more likely to lead to franchise talent. But there will always be franchise talent spread throughout each and every draft.

Finding it and developing it is required.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
If Isles pull it off this year he deserves the Conn Smythe

I said if, so no Jinx factor

A few candidates but could not argue with him being selected.. His play was elite tonight. Not sure if it was Killorn but on that one rush in the 3rd where he rode the player right off the puck on a rush that could have been a high scoring chance, but fizzled into nothing.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
A few candidates but could not argue with him being selected.. His play was elite tonight. Not sure if it was Killorn but on that one rush in the 3rd where he rode the player right off the puck on a rush that could have been a high scoring chance, but fizzled into nothing.

I believe your thinking of the Palat Chance. He makes multiple world class plays a night.

Reactions: nyisleslover

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
Same as Pulock - 2 years, $5 million per - so in two years we can see if the Cap rises and we can sign him longer term

Pretty sure he'd be UFA in 2 years if we did that.. Think we have to lock him up this time around..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad