Player Discussion: Adam Lowry

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Would like to see more offense from him given the number of minutes he gets. Really hard to justify playing a player on pace for less then 15 points the types of minutes he plays. There will be games were our top 6 goes a bit stale and we will need some secondary offense.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I guess it worked after all, or was it the puck he took that calibrated those hands? 4th line next, we could use a goal from one of them!

Nah, it was just bad goaltending. Gibson won't sleep tonight knowing that he let Lowry put one past him. Just lie there, muttering the same thing over and over...

source.gif

:laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Look out , Lowry is heating up .:laugh: Nice to see him score , hopefully he found the magic touch now .:thumbu:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
ah yes, because it is much better to score 20 goals and give up 50. FFS

Yeah, I think to be down on Lowry because he doesn’t produce as much offensively is silly if Lowry is shutting down the other team’s offense consistently.

Yes, Lowry plays good minutes. Knowing what he does, do you worry when he is out on the ice? I certainly don’t. Not everyone needs to produce offensively.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yeah, I think to be down on Lowry because he doesn’t produce as much offensively is silly if Lowry is shutting down the other team’s offense consistently.

Yes, Lowry plays good minutes. Knowing what he does, do you worry when he is out on the ice? I certainly don’t. Not everyone needs to produce offensively.
Totally agree but the odd goal by him or Copp wouldn't hurt . As long as they are keeping the other team from scoring i'm quite ok with their line . I'm ok with every line right now actually , even the 4th looked a little better yesterday .

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If the fourth line isn't going to play or produce, we need secondary scoring from Lowry. Shutting down other lines is great, but they need to give us SOME secondary scoring when the top 6 is shut out.

On the plus side they're getting the chances they just haven't been going in. Hopefully the goal yesterday is the start of more.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Great defensively, but tough matchups + serious hands of stone + lack of vision + defensively focused linemates = almost no points. Do I mind? Not if the Jets keep on picking up points.

The apparent numbing of one hand improved his shooting/scoring ability yesterday. Maybe he should do it every game?!

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Didn't really watch last night, but kinda salty about that hit! This should be what we remove from the game. That's one of the most dangerous types of hits imho. And he's concussed? Yikes .

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Would like to see more offense from him given the number of minutes he gets. Really hard to justify playing a player on pace for less then 15 points the types of minutes he plays. There will be games were our top 6 goes a bit stale and we will need some secondary offense.

Can it be that coaching staff tell him to be more defensively? Same with the other forwards?
The bottom 6 plays more to prevent than to create?

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
As much we all love him for the warrior he is, Lowry is a good 4th line C in my mind and nothing more at this point. I’d like to see less ice time and more intensity per shift from him, while creating a third line that can generate offence. For now it seems Copp is that guy. But that could change when Little returns, or if/when Roslovic or Harkins wins the job.

All good teams these days have three lines that can score. Time to try Lowry on the 4th line. Bourque and Appleton would make fine wingers for him. Curious to see what Chibisov would add to a heavy 4th line, but he may need to show more in the AHL first.

Reactions: hn777 and AlaskaJet

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Didn't really watch last night, but kinda salty about that hit! This should be what we remove from the game. That's one of the most dangerous types of hits imho. And he's concussed? Yikes .
Is he concussed too? Word was his arm was in a sling after the game.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Unfortunate for Lurch that scoring goals is not his game and now another injury that will make him think twice about his crash and bang game that had pretty much disappeared since his last injury.

Reactions: hn777
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Is he concussed too? Word was his arm was in a sling after the game.

He's not concussed. During the game a poster suggested that was why he didn't return.

Following the game his arm was seen in a sling, explaining his absence, but a few kept responding to that speculative post made hours earlier. Apparently it's still continuing...

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
He's not concussed. During the game a poster suggested that was why he didn't return.

Following the game his arm was seen in a sling, explaining his absence, but a few kept responding to that speculative post made hours earlier. Apparently it's still continuing...
Ya my bad. Watching the hit he is clearly favoring that arm/wrist. However if you watch the impact, it's a classic concussion type whiplash also. Ugly hit.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Can it be that coaching staff tell him to be more defensively? Same with the other forwards?
The bottom 6 plays more to prevent than to create?

His role has always been to be a defensive minded C. He just has generally been able to do that while also adding 10 plus goals and 25 to 30 points a year. He is producing almost 50% less point totals then expected. His scoring rates are very low end fourth line level this year.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad