Confirmed with Link: Adam Lowry Signs ATO

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
They standard dollars for a third rounder are a probably a little different than what Lowry is due.

That's right too, 1st rounders ELCs are a little different IIRC. Here's some other details:

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-entry-level-contracts-work.php

It's about establishing a proper pecking order. I like how Chevy isn't handing out ELCs like candy. These ATOs are a good stepping stone to see how valuable they are. Everything is earned in this organization, nobody is entitled to anything.

I guess this is a 10 game tryout for an ELC. As far as the Telegin comment, it's clear they're two completely different players. Telegin dominated juniors with his size, while Lowry is actually a very smart player. Apparently Telegin doesn't understand the game very well. Meanwhile Lowry went to his coach and wanted to make some changes to the system, and as soon as that happened he flourished. In one of his interviews he sounds like a coach.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I wouldn't be too worried that Chevy doesn't get this done. He knows how valuable Lowry is to the organization. Doubt they're to nickel and dime him to the point where he'd re-enter the draft. If they got Telegin done last year, they will certainly get Lowry done because Lowry is the better prospect.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Good news.

I'm sure he wants to go there and play well.
It may mean some extra bonus money, that he may not have otherwise received in a ELC if he signed a ELC now (as a 3rd rd pick coming out of Jr), no?

If he shows he can play at AHL level, it likely would not be max bonus money, but may be more than what he could negotiate right now, correct?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=664153

The St. John’s IceCaps announced today they have signed forward Adam Lowry to an amateur tryout contract.

Lowry, 20, played in 72 games with the Swift Current Broncos of the WHL this season. In that time, the Calgary, AB. native led his team with 88 points, 45 goals and 43 assists. His 88 points was 12th on the WHL scoring leaderboard and he held the league record for regular season point scoring streak at eight games (13G, 5A). He played in five playoff games with the Broncos for a team-leading five points (3G, 2A) and four penalty minutes before the team was eliminated by the Calgary Hitmen in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals. Lowry has played in 235 career WHL games over four seasons with Swift Current for 204 career point (90G, 114A) and 333 career penalty minutes.

He was originally drafted by the Winnipeg Jets in the third round, 67th overall, in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Adam Lowry
Left Wing
Born Mar 29 1993 -- Calgary, ALTA
Height 6.05 -- Weight 201 -- Shoots L
Selected by Winnipeg Jets round 3 #67 overall 2011 NHL Entry Draft

DominikPavelec

Mar 8, 2013
Winnipeg
Now we'll see what he can do. The guys are bigger in the AHL so we can see what his real strength and play level is at. Good luck to Lowry!

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Now we'll see what he can do. The guys are bigger in the AHL so we can see what his real strength and play level is at. Good luck to Lowry!

6'5 201, he is going to bigger then 95% of the people he goes up against, hell and he is only 20!

Im as hyped on this kid as I am on Shief. This kid could be that big winger Chevy is coveting. Lets hope he goes there and does well.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Unless there's some kind of strange CBA exception that I'm unaware of, my understanding was that it must be an ELC. The ATO doesn't have any significance wrt NHL rights.

Just so I'm clear, does this mean he still has to sign an ELC by June 1st? I'm with the majority here, I think this kid has a bright future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad