Confirmed with Link: Adam Lowry Signs ATO

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I think he's talking more long term. There should be a few more this fall, and you never know, Trouba and Scheifele could be there as well. Zach Yuen should be there this year?

Ya definitely just more long term. I'm just excited to start having guys that Chevy drafted going there. I'm expecting Scheifele and Trouba to play some games there (probably not many), and then guys like Sutter, Kosmachuk, even Kasdorf and Hellebuyck when they can go there. Not talking about this specific moment, Lowry's just the start.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Ya definitely just more long term. I'm just excited to start having guys that Chevy drafted going there. I'm expecting Scheifele and Trouba to play some games there (probably not many), and then guys like Sutter, Kosmachuk, even Kasdorf and Hellebuyck when they can go there. Not talking about this specific moment, Lowry's just the start.

Sutter would be going this fall, if he gets signed...

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
it would be spectacular if this guy could continue his trajectory.....he is exactly what we need.....i could see him and trouba both surpassing scheifele in the long run.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
The last 10 responses ... to this thread are ASSINE......this GUY deserves a ECL ........givin his progression in CHL he either makes the Jets in training camp or spends a year in the AHL .... B4 moving up ...........Dont *****foot around say it like it is............................:yo::yo::yo:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Who said he isn't getting an ELC? He's not getting an AHL only contract.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I did not say he is not getting a ELC .... a AHL 10 game would be included in the reg ELC starting in 2013/2014:handclap:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
The last 10 responses ... to this thread are ASSINE......this GUY deserves a ECL ........givin his progression in CHL he either makes the Jets in training camp or spends a year in the AHL .... B4 moving up ...........Dont *****foot around say it like it is............................:yo::yo::yo:

Although they aren't even remotely the same player, to play devil's advocate: his pt/gp progression is just slightly a hair worse than Telegin. Just to be DA.

I did not say he is not getting a ELC .... a AHL 10 game would be included in the reg ELC starting in 2013/2014:handclap:

The only discussion about not getting an ELC was towards Sutter, NOT Lowry.
We all know talks are going on the details just aren't finished.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Don't they still need to sign him to an ELC though prior to June 1 or they'll lose his rights? Am feeling a bit foggy this morning, am unsure of the exact process.

What I'm wondering too. I think the ATO is so they won't have to burn a year of ELC on the few games he'd play, but does signing an ATO automatically mean an ELC is signed too?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Great News! How many games left for the Ice Caps? Hopefully he gets some meaningful icetime so the Org (and us) can get a good read on him.

jetkarma*

What I'm wondering too. I think the ATO is so they won't have to burn a year of ELC on the few games he'd play, but does signing an ATO automatically mean an ELC is signed too?

Almost positive that any AHL games don't count , so like Scheifele last year playing 7 games ( I think it was ) then playing on the Rock after Barrie was eliminated , those games did not add on the the NHL games at all.

Jets know how good Lowry is and they aren't going to not handle this right and Lowry isn't going to make signing an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
My understanding is that the ATO is strictly a one-way AHL contract. If he were to be called up to the Jets, he would need to be signed to a two-way ELC. EDIT: Technically could also be signed to an NHL ATO, but those are one game contracts for emergency purposes only.

Last edited:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
My understanding is that the ATO is strictly a one-way AHL contract. If he were to be called up to the Jets, he would need to be signed to a two-way ELC.

The question though is, doesn't an ELC still need to be signed prior to June 1, or does the ATO suffice to retain his rights beyond that date?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Almost positive that any AHL games don't count , so like Scheifele last year playing 7 games ( I think it was ) then playing on the Rock after Barrie was eliminated , those games did not add on the the NHL games at all.

Jets know how good Lowry is and they aren't going to not handle this right and Lowry isn't going to make signing an issue.

The amount of games played is meaningless in this case. Once the player turns 20 (or if they turn 20 between Sept. 16 and Dec. 31 in the year the ELC was signed), the contract no longer slides.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Don't they still need to sign him to an ELC though prior to June 1 or they'll lose his rights? Am feeling a bit foggy this morning, am unsure of the exact process.

I believe that is correct, we must sign him or he goes back into the draft this June.

Paging Holden...

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The question though is, doesn't an ELC still need to be signed prior to June 1, or does the ATO suffice to retain his rights beyond that date?

Unless there's some kind of strange CBA exception that I'm unaware of, my understanding was that it must be an ELC. The ATO doesn't have any significance wrt NHL rights.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Unless there's some kind of strange CBA exception that I'm unaware of, my understanding was that it must be an ELC. The ATO doesn't have any significance wrt NHL rights.
Yep. ATO is just an amateur try out.

Perhaps they wanna see how he looks before they commit on money. They standard dollars for a third rounder are a probably a little different than what Lowry is due.

Might be a quick way to determine where is immediate value sits.

Saponari is also on an ATO. Other players like Zach O'Brien signed ATOs last year. It has nothing to do with NHL rights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad