Adam Johnson passed away after accident during game - Mod edit: Do not post the incident in the forum

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Video was pretty rough. Didn't leave me with an ounce of optimism last night when I saw it. Was still hoping for good news.

RIP Adam.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
RIP. Sickening and heartbreaking incident. The guy was just trying to hang on and do what he loves best and this happens. All for the love of the game. Think that league guys only make like 50k US. Condolences to the family.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
I just saw the video. Defenseman was tripped up and lost his balance, leg came up and roundhoused AJ in the neck. From the amount of blood that poured out immediately, the blade must have got the jugular.

RIP Adam. What a horrible thing to happen.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Feel free to delete it, but I didn't see any posts about it.

Tragic news.

No need to delete, I made a dedicated GDT and didn't think to make his own thread.

Just one heck of a gut punch for the hockey world, both his family and all involved.

Score tons of hattricks in the sky, Adam.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I liked Johnson’s game, fast and had that kind of rambunctious that is noticeable even on TV. Like he was shot out of a cannon every shift. I remember feeling like if a team just plugged him into a 4th line sink or swim in a couple months he would’ve found a role as a Nieto-type guy. But just never got that window, as many others don’t. Still had a pro career many envy and got to play in the NHL and do more in his short time than most do in their whole lives.

We all gotta go and often times it’s too soon and not real pretty.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Man... the stuff of nightmares. As others have mentioned... I always really liked his game in his stint, here. Feel just awful for his friends and family. He wasn't even 30.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
sticks out and memorials from Seattle kraken fan and Seattle Tbirds fan

F9oh9Q5awAA5B43

F9qQYaAbwAANfhs

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Its being talked about in the around the NHL thread. But Ill leave this up as he was a former Pens player. Tragic incident. Thoughts going out to his family and those that witnessed this.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
One death is too many. Need neck guards for all players to be required. One fan death from a stray puck lead to nets in every arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad