Value of: Adam henrique

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I agree that the Rangers could be interested.

Does Boston have the cap space to add either of them?

Does Carolina still have the cap space to add either of them if they trade for a G upgrade (or if Andersen comes back this year)?

For the record, Andersen is on regular IR (and now cleared for contact). They’ve been in accrual mode the entire time. CF’s estimate is almost $9 mil in deadline space.

However, they haven’t paid anything more than a 3rd for a rental during this run. That is intentional; the owner and GM have said as much. Maybe they would have wavered in a one-off for a Lindholm type. Highly doubtful on giving up a premium return for Henrique.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
For the record, Andersen is on regular IR (and now cleared for contact). They’ve been in accrual mode the entire time. CF’s estimate is almost $9 mil in deadline space.

However, they haven’t paid anything more than a 3rd for a rental during this run. That is intentional; the owner and GM have said as much. Maybe they would have wavered in a one-off for a Lindholm type. Highly doubtful on giving up a premium return for Henrique.

Yeah, I saw that Andersen was recently cleared for on-ice conditioning, but thought he was on LTIR. I guess the question now is does Carolina feel confident that he'll be back for the playoffs, or are they comfortable going into the playoffs with Raanta, Kochetkov and/or Martin in net? If the answer to both of those is "no", and if Calgary keeps selling, I could plausibly see them kicking the tires on Markstrom, which would take a big chunk of their cap space.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Seemingly every team that could potentially have interest in Henrique had representatives at the Ducks-Habs game tonight.
At least he had a reasonably good game (compared to the rest of the team). Lots of blocked shots, a fight, uh... he kept his trade value up there I suppose.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
At least he had a reasonably good game (compared to the rest of the team). Lots of blocked shots, a fight, uh... he kept his trade value up there I suppose.
One thing about Henrique is he doesn’t make many mistakes, so he doesn’t really have many “bad” games. Sometimes the points aren’t flowing for him, but he will still do the little things well.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Honestly think the Oilers should be in on this guy. Can play anywhere in the lineup including center which gives them the option to stick Nuge L1 instead of 3c. If they decide to spread scoring to the 3rd line (which they need to to win late rounds in the playoffs) he can swap with Nuge as he's proven in the past to play well with superstars. He's a guy that doesn't need the puck on his stick to be effective.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Honestly think the Oilers should be in on this guy. Can play anywhere in the lineup including center which gives them the option to stick Nuge L1 instead of 3c. If they decide to spread scoring to the 3rd line (which they need to to win late rounds in the playoffs) he can swap with Nuge as he's proven in the past to play well with superstars. He's a guy that doesn't need the puck on his stick to be effective.
I definitely think the versatility generates a lot of his value, you can pretty much use him anywhere in your top 9 and in all situations

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I'm quite surprised he's still with the Ducks at this point. Maybe they wait until Zegras/Killer are ready to return before trading him, or the offers aren't quite there yet. Either way I expect this to happen shortly.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'm quite surprised he's still with the Ducks at this point. Maybe they wait until Zegras/Killer are ready to return before trading him, or the offers aren't quite there yet. Either way I expect this to happen shortly.

We are almost one year to the day where he got injured last season, they should get a deal done asap or hold him out, before that happens again.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Dominos...I heard Davidson say that Columbus would not be making Jenner available at the TDL. That is a huge domino since I think there were several teams hoping to get him. Henrique is now the cream of the remaining crop.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I think PV is old school when it comes to trades. Value for equal value. GM's back when who always bargained hard sometimes got bad reps. If he plans on playing the long game properly, then he's doing it right. Pretty brave gamble as GM's have shorter lifespans now, so he's kind of betting on himself. I like it.

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
Kind of surprised Rico hasn't been moved yet. Scored another goal today and seems to be doing all he can to elevate his value. Hoping he nets us a first-rounder.

Reactions: lwvs84

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Yes. Sakic and the Avs have lost many many trades. Like Toews and Burakovsky, Lehkonen, Ross Colton, Kadri, Josh Manson, Cogs, Duchene. Just a long history of taking Ls post trade.

Sakic and Co clearly have no idea how to value players, how to target good fits or structure compensation. The Avs gave up two picks around 60th overall for Devon Toews. TWO late 2nd rounders and all they got was a top pair Dman that plays 23 minutes a game making $4.1MM per season. Stupid Avs.

They actually gave San Jose a late 5th round pick for Andrew Cogliano and all he did was score a game tying goal late in game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals the Avs went on to win in overtime. What a dumb way to spend that 179th pick in the draft.

And the Habs... was super painful playing in Montreal a few weeks ago and seeing Barron as a healthy scratch just before he was demoted to the AHL when you contrast that to all Lehkonen has ever did for the Avs was score the Stanley Cup winning goal. And the series winning goal in OT over McDavid. Avs badly lost this trade obviously.

Did you see what they gave up for Ryan Johansen? Alex Galenchuk... THE Alex Galenchuk 2 days before he hit UFA.

Avs just getting their face rip ped off at every turn.
easy pilot lol

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Kind of surprised Rico hasn't been moved yet. Scored another goal today and seems to be doing all he can to elevate his value. Hoping he nets us a first-rounder.
I bet the Avs have their 2024 1st + Johansen on the table. Ducks would be wise to wait that out and see if the Avs or other teams offer more. Avs should wait that out and keep that offer on the table for a few more weeks.

If he gets traded elsewhere, so be it. Not a mission critical piece to add. They need Nuke back first and foremost. Without Nuke, their hopes of any sort of playoff run are kaput.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
He has 15 goals and 35 points. Plays center, wing, power play, and penalty kill. Ducks will definitely eat half his salary and it seems like multiple teams have a need for a middle 6 player of his caliber. A 1st seems to be a given at this point. Possibly a bit more.
34 year old pending FA - a 1st I think is going to be a stretch. 2nd a decent prospect

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
34 year old pending FA - a 1st I think is going to be a stretch. 2nd a decent prospect
I don’t think age matters as much when it’s a pending FA.

Monahan got a 1st(+ low chance at a 3rd)…. Henrique is a very comparable player. With less injury history and more consistency.

I’m okay with a 2nd and decent prospect, but I don’t think it’s crazy to think he gets a 1st.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's going to be a at minimum a 1st for Henrique. The only question will be if he gets hurt between now and the deadline
I could see PV going for a 2nd + prospect.... but wed prob be aiming at a RHD prospect which is pretty rare to be available.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Have to think he's getting traded soon. Just so solid on both ends of the ice. He has 18 goals and 42 points in 59 games playing for a bad team. Good at face-offs, veteran, plays wing and center. Monahan has the exact same amount of points and goals. IMO Henrique is the better player and should get at least what Monahan was traded for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad