Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
we need to pump them here a bit on foxy.

hes gonna make plays but defenseman need to play defense too.

he needs to stay far away form opponents top lines or hell get roasted.

brady skjei looked lost last night against the devs scrubs for gods sake.

fox has perfect 3rd pair pmd PP2guy written all over him for this season.

we need a savy, smart, talented, italian to play the 2RD now..... :nod:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
hqdefault.jpg

Was easy to come up with a nickname for him

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

I know a talented Italian, but we're going to need to keep looking to check all those boxes.

Reactions: Lua and haveandare

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

I agree we need ADA in the bottom 4. But I actually think Fox is good defensively. He will probably never physically dominate opponents, and he probably can’t rely on his skating to make defensive plays, but his IQ is just so damn good.

Reactions: YoSoyLalo

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Based on what?

I mean I don't totally disagree that you dont want to throw a rookie out there against other teams top lines but kind of a weird thing to say. Fox did fine on defense last night.

Skjei and Trouba will probably be fine, they didn't look good but they also looked like vets not going ful speed in the first preseason game

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Based on what?

I mean I don't totally disagree that you dont want to throw a rookie out there against other teams top lines but kind of a weird thing to say. Fox did fine on defense last night.

Skjei and Trouba will probably be fine, they didn't look good but they also looked like vets not going ful speed in the first preseason game

we've both been around long enough to know that very few rookie dmen go from college to a top 6 role.

cale makar did it. its very rare.

fox at the sheltered 3 i can see. but playing the 2 with ADA gonzo, thats a stretch and then some.

trouba fox and smith makes me queasy

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I remember that so vividly. I was at my buddy's apartment. It was the first year of the SO. I was actually pumped for the SO at that point, thinking it was gonna be this crazy thing. A year later, I hated it. :laugh:
3 on 3 was the worst thing to happen to it, too.

They give us 5 minutes of this better thing and then tell us to stop. Boner killer.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Deleted member 23124

I was actually pumped for the SO at that point, thinking it was gonna be this crazy thing. A year later, I hated it. :laugh:
I hated it from the first moment I heard of it.....I can honestly say I've never seen one and never will.....Friends are still amazed that I will get up at the end of OT and walk out.

Deleted member 23124

You could argue Staal peaked higher but I'd definitely rather have Malik's Rangers career.

Got a couple of good years out of him and we were done with it. Beats 5-6 years of Staal being garbage.
What good years....he and his partners were two of the worst "pretend" defensemen I've ever seen.

Reactions: romba

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I hated it from the first moment I heard of it.....I can honestly say I've never seen one and never will.....Friends are still amazed that I will get up at the end of OT and walk out.
I understand. I won't leave a game if it goes to a SO because I'm generally there to be social, but when I'm watching by myself on TV or on a tablet, I turn it off. My wife thinks I'm insane--she doesn't even care about the game but she gets mad at me because she says, "I've watched this shit for almost 3 hours, I want to know who wins!"

Deleted member 23124

I understand. I won't leave a game if it goes to a SO because I'm generally there to be social, but when I'm watching by myself on TV or on a tablet, I turn it off. My wife thinks I'm insane--she doesn't even care about the game but she gets mad at me because she says, "I've watched this **** for almost 3 hours, I want to know who wins!"
You should have seen the looks I got on Brian Leetch night when I walked out!!!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I understand. I won't leave a game if it goes to a SO because I'm generally there to be social, but when I'm watching by myself on TV or on a tablet, I turn it off. My wife thinks I'm insane--she doesn't even care about the game but she gets mad at me because she says, "I've watched this **** for almost 3 hours, I want to know who wins!"
Unironically, that sounds like a great marriage :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad