Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't know. I think Fox is certainly capable of that but the guys with seniority would have to be epically bad to be moved that quickly.
yep just like Kakko should be on first pp unit but won't be given that opportunity to start season.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Quinn has a pecking order, contrary to him saying that RRAs (roles, responsibilities, accountability) are based on play. Fox ain't moving up for a while. He has his hands full anyway. He and Hajek will be put to the test at NHL pace against NHL rosters. Regular season ain't preseason.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Quinn has a pecking order, contrary to him saying that RRAs (roles, responsibilities, accountability) are based on play. Fox ain't moving up for a while. He has his hands full anyway. He and Hajek will be put to the test at NHL pace against NHL rosters. Regular season ain't preseason.

They'll also get real soft minutes though. Skilled rookies should be able to out perform those minutes (not saying they HAVE to or they're butsts but it's certianly no unusual at all for a sheltered rookie to do very well with those minutes).

Quinn looks to be running this kind of stuff on an "earn it" kind of system. Like no Kakko on the the first PP, no Fox, etc. They'll have to perform well with the minutes they're given and be ready to take the opportunity when it comes.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
They'll also get real soft minutes though. Skilled rookies should be able to out perform those minutes (not saying they HAVE to or they're butsts but it's certianly no unusual at all for a sheltered rookie to do very well with those minutes).

Quinn looks to be running this kind of stuff on an "earn it" kind of system. Like no Kakko on the the first PP, no Fox, etc. They'll have to perform well with the minutes they're given and be ready to take the opportunity when it comes.

But they do HAVE to. This is HFNYR. Fox, 60 points or bust.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I mean if the top-4 is Skjei-Trouba/Hajek-Fox...

Preseason top-6 D:
Staal 5th TOI/GP
Staal 6th 5v5 TOI/GP

That's nice to see. Staal is the least deserving of any time. In the 2 preseason games I saw he was absolutely nothing on the ice... not even in a bad way, he just literally did... nothing. He deferred to his partner way too often, he couldn't make good plays, his skating is the same as last year (crap)

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
the top 4 will be :

brady and jake
marc and tony

jake PP1 gunner up top.
tony PP2 up top.

jake and brady the PK1 pair. anyones guess on the PK2 dmen.

that's the way it will play out and probably makes the most sense given experience.

those 4 will do the heavy lifting as they should.

fox and hajek will get protection and thats also smart. foxy will get some pp2 time.

injuries, poor play and other factors may create changes but for now, i see those 4 as the top 4

if it changes i see staal dropping down and hajek jumping up as the most likely.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Is it that terrible to force a RD to play lefty? A lot of players seem to have no issue with it. Have to be nifty on the back-hand and transition quickly. I see ADA and Fox being such smooth skaters, I don't think it'll be an issue. Just play the top 4 best D-men you have. Less ice time for Staal is a win and Hajek gets a veteran to learn from.

Skjei-Trouba
ADA-Fox
Staal-Hajek
Smith

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
playing your off side as a D man is tough.

guys do it but its tougher. taking every pass on your backhand isnt easy and fumbling a puck off a poor pass to your backhand on the blue line can lead to a damaging turnover.

on the rush you are making and receiving passes on the backhand. again, tougher.

what it does is effectively makes an already tough job tougher.

forwards are a little different. many shooters/scorers prefer the off side so they can cut off the wall and fire it, especially euro snipers.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I mean if the top-4 is Skjei-Trouba/Hajek-Fox...

Preseason top-6 D:
Staal 5th TOI/GP
Staal 6th 5v5 TOI/GP
True, but he's currently penciled in with DeAngelo who was 2nd and 1st in those categories. I think Staal-DeAngelo will be the second pairing to start the season over Hajek-Fox who likely will see similar deployment as Shatty's pairing last season.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Seniority doesn't matter, performance does.
source.gif

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Staal played last year because there was no one better than him. You think the coaches sent him out there even though they had better players available?

C’mon man!

The hate here for Staal is unbelievable. Of course, it mostly comes from the same 3-4 posters.

Once they have a better option, Stall hits the press box. Depending on how things go with Hajak and Lindgren (in Hartford) that could be sooner rather than later. Two rookies on defense is a crap shoot, three, Is real risky until they have some time to settle in.

It’s obvious to me that a lot of posters here have never spent any time in a big league locker room. And as Carp pointed out last year, if it wasn’t for the term left on the contract, they could have moved Staal at the deadline.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Staal played last year because there was no one better than him. You think the coaches sent him out there even though they had better players available?

C’mon man!

There's about 160 defensemen in the NHL better than Marc Staal.

The hate here for Staal is unbelievable. Of course, it mostly comes from the same 3-4 posters.

Bullshit, we're down to like 3-4 posters who still defend him.

Once they have a better option, Stall hits the press box. Depending on how things go with Hajak and Lindgren (in Hartford) that could be sooner rather than later. Two rookies on defense is a crap shoot, three, Is real risky until they have some time to settle in.

He played the second most minutes on the entire team last year. It has nothing to do with options.

It’s obvious to me that a lot of posters here have never spent any time in a big league locker room. And as Carp pointed out last year, if it wasn’t for the term left on the contract, they could have moved Staal at the deadline.
This directly contradicts the idea that it's based on results. You're immediately falling back on the same old locker room narratives.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
True, but he's currently penciled in with DeAngelo who was 2nd and 1st in those categories. I think Staal-DeAngelo will be the second pairing to start the season over Hajek-Fox who likely will see similar deployment as Shatty's pairing last season.
I don't think slipping DeAngelo in for extra shifts will be difficult for an NHL coach, say if Trouba was just out on a PP, or Staal was just out on a PK.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'd like to see both Fox and DeAngelo get chances with the first PP unit. We'll have to see how things shake out as the season progresses and Quinn finds the best 5-man combo.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There's about 160 defensemen in the NHL better than Marc Staal.

Bull****, we're down to like 3-4 posters who still defend him.

He played the second most minutes on the entire team last year. It has nothing to do with options.

This directly contradicts the idea that it's based on results. You're immediately falling back on the same old locker room narratives.

Id wager that NONE of us have been in a big league locker room aside from visiting on a tour or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad