Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Sbisa would be claimed asap by the first team guaranteed

images

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I agree hes overpaid i just dont get the hate from some fans here hes not a bad #5 or 6 plus he got better this year hopefully next year too

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I agree hes overpaid i just dont get the hate from some fans here hes not a bad #5 or 6 plus he got better this year hopefully next year too

I believe that Ryan Stanton would have been a small upgrade over Sbisa. He is making what, $575K? That's $3m in capspace, and a slight upgrade. If we had Garrison-Stanton as a D pairing last nite, instead of Weber-Sbisa, it's a different game.

Not hating Sbisa, wish him well, hope he puts it together. But there is also merit, equity, fairness that makes me wonder why one gets $3.6m and the other gets $575K.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I believe that Ryan Stanton would have been a small upgrade over Sbisa. He is making what, $575K? That's $3m in capspace, and a slight upgrade. If we had Garrison-Stanton as a D pairing last nite, instead of Weber-Sbisa, it's a different game.

Not hating Sbisa, wish him well, hope he puts it together. But there is also merit, equity, fairness that makes me wonder why one gets $3.6m and the other gets $575K.

Exactly, and we've seen that $3M in capspace be very valuable to take on bad contracts.

pdefenestrator

Dec 12, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Edmonton might be picking him up so they have enough roster players to do the paper transactions needed to send their non-waiver guys down to the AHL for 2 minutes. If so, they might waive him back and the Canucks have first crack at him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yep...Cracknell to Edmonton....they could probably have sent the guy to Utica on waivers at any point this season, but the Oilers pick him up for the last 20 games...listened to his interview....sounds crushed...too bad.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Yep...Cracknell to Edmonton....they could probably have sent the guy to Utica on waivers at any point this season, but the Oilers pick him up for the last 20 games...listened to his interview....sounds crushed...too bad.

I think it had something to do with Cracknell's ability to play for Utica (?)

Regardless any competent GM would see that Cracknell is an ideal 12/13 F - that holds a lot of value for a playoff bound team. AKA worst time to try and waive the guy

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I think it had something to do with Cracknell's ability to play for Utica (?)

Regardless any competent GM would see that Cracknell is an ideal 12/13 F - that holds a lot of value for a playoff bound team. AKA worst time to try and waive the guy

Do we know how many teams put in a claim for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad