Votes: 0 0.0%

• 50+ points below average D

• Total voters

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
That's a different story. If he becomes John Klingberg, great. I just don't see that happening. That's his ceiling and I don't think he hits it.
Just my opinion on outcomes:
95th percentile: Paul Coffey
80th percentile: Erik Karlsson
70th Percentile: Klingberg
50th Percentile: 2018-19 Erik Gustafsson
35th percentile: Shattenkirk

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
I get what Musto is saying I feel very similar, I didn’t want Boqvist last year at the draft and it’s not like I hate him or don’t want him to succeed but I don’t think he will be the elite level player everyone is making him out to be. I think he tops out at a 35-45 point D man with below average Defense, and that’s best case scenario

I watched probably 20 of Boqvist’s games this season and if you watch guys like Makar or Hughes or Byram, Boqvist is nowhere near as dominant as any of those players at this stage. He’s a fine player but not who I would have picked at that spot. We don’t hate him we’re just not optimistic about what he will become

Reactions: Kevin Musto

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I get the sense a lot of you aren’t properly identifying his ceiling. His ceiling is really high, and I can’t see how you look at his skill set and not see what he could be.

Having doubts he’ll come close to it is something else entirely.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I get what Musto is saying I feel very similar, I didn’t want Boqvist last year at the draft and it’s not like I hate him or don’t want him to succeed but I don’t think he will be the elite level player everyone is making him out to be. I think he tops out at a 35-45 point D man with below average Defense, and that’s best case scenario

I watched probably 20 of Boqvist’s games this season and if you watch guys like Makar or Hughes or Byram, Boqvist is nowhere near as dominant as any of those players at this stage. He’s a fine player but not who I would have picked at that spot. We don’t hate him we’re just not optimistic about what he will become
Couldn't have said it better myself

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I get the sense a lot of you aren’t properly identifying his ceiling. His ceiling is really high, and I can’t see how you look at his skill set and not see what he could be.

Having doubts he’ll come close to it is something else entirely.
This is all that I'm saying. His ceiling is John Klingberg. I get that. I don't think he hits it though.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
This is all that I'm saying. His ceiling is John Klingberg. I get that. I don't think he hits it though.
I have a hard time taking anyone who doesn't think that Boqvist's ceiling is at least Erik Karlsson seriously. Klingberg is what I'm kind of expecting as the most likely outcome. I'd be disappointed if he was worse than Klingberg. Klingberg/2018-19 Gus the average of all scenarios IMO. I think he could come up and do damn near what Gus did offensively last year now. I think a lot of people are under rating him.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
The poll is for ceiling, not what you think he’ll hit. Your vote isn’t for ceiling, as you voted bottom pairing pmd.

Personally, I think his ceiling is average defense comparatively and 60-75 pts. He can end up below average defensively, and 50+/-points though.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
His extremes are so bad he’s reaching BWC levels.
There's nothing extreme about saying Bqovist won't reach his Klingberg ceiling. What's extreme are the delusion fans that are certain he's the next Erik Karlsson.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
There's nothing extreme about saying Bqovist won't reach his Klingberg ceiling. What's extreme are the delusion fans that are certain he's the next Erik Karlsson.

Literally no one said it was certain he’s the next EK. Jesus Christ.

d rake

Jan 7, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
I have a hard time taking anyone who doesn't think that Boqvist's ceiling is at least Erik Karlsson seriously. Klingberg is what I'm kind of expecting as the most likely outcome. I'd be disappointed if he was worse than Klingberg. Klingberg/2018-19 Gus the average of all scenarios IMO. I think he could come up and do damn near what Gus did offensively last year now. I think a lot of people are under rating him.
Current Karlsson? Or pre-injury Karlsson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad